Weekends Football 27/29 October Midweek Football 30 October/2 November

andykeenan

Atletico have 72 shots in 4 games and got 2 goals for it. Hammered Barcelona 1st half few weeks back and similar story. Was only so long they could go without an out and out striker and Griezmann bailing them out. Gameiro, Vietto and Torres arent good enough and puts a lot of pressure on Costa

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Atletico have 72 shots in 4 games and got 2 goals for it. Hammered Barcelona 1st half few weeks back and similar story. Was only so long they could go without an out and out striker and Griezmann bailing them out. Gameiro, Vietto and Torres arent good enough and puts a lot of pressure on Costa

I wouldnt say they battered Barcelona.  They certainly did early one but as the game progressed it was all Barcelona. Watched them both games against Qarabag. In the first game they just dropped deep and played without any intensity until late on and in the 2nd half tonight Qarabag had a great chance to go 2-0 up. Griezzman should leave and join Barcelona where their more attacking style of play will suit him far better. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

only the group stage. PSG are best team in competition so far but I wouldnt be calling them favourites at moment

I know but massive improvement particularly from spurs this season. PSG have got to be favs with City imo. Barcelona aren't as good and Real Madrid now have massive flaws

In fairness Real Madrid are struggling even losing to Girona at the weekend but look at the other leagues now and I don't think there anything to concern our clubs  apart from PSG who have still won nothing and Lionel Messi and he cant carry Barcelona on his own. 

English teams will certainly be making quarters/semis this year. With the money spent it's about time too.

I'd still wonder how many of them can defend well when it gets to the crunch and those stages.

Liverpool and Chelsea won't be able to keep clean sheets and progress much beyond last 16 I'd imagine but Man. United and Spurs can from the way they set up.

Wildcard are Man. City. Failed to outscore Monaco over two legs but they're better at the back this year.

Â