Weekends Football 27/29 October Midweek Football 30 October/2 November

andykeenan

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bakayoko looks poor to me, he's clumsy, dodgy touch, often overruns it when in possession no real quality when it comes to passing, outside of being a decent athlete I fail to see what he is good at.

Reminds me of Lukaku when he was at Chelsea.

Edited by PieFacE

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Great achievement but the England youth teams this year. Greg Dyke not looking so foolish now. Him and Ashworth have done a tremendous job. Let's hope the players now don't think they've made it and keep working hard 

Think Ashworth might be out of a job soon regarding the racism scandal

Most of these England lads will amount to nothing due a combination of massive premier league wages making them lose focus and ambition and the current structure of the so called top clubs who much prefer to go and spend £40m on average players than give academy players a chance.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

David Unsworth is one hell of a fat word removed

Plus he's deluded and thinks he's in with a shot of the Everton job

Very Sherwood like selection today, Tom Davies as part of a midfield two, he's a Grealish type player. Started with Mirallas and Lennon as the wide players and hooked them at half time.

Everton are a mess. They have better players than we did in our relegation season but they're in the same rut we are.

With every passing week appointing someone like Big Sam looks a more obvious move.

Just now, Mantis said:

Everton won't go down - absolutely no chance.

Broadly I agree but they can't score goals and don't win many games so it's a possibility like Stoke or West Ham are.

The three promoted clubs, Watford and Burnley are all doing much better than expected. I'd imagine many had those clubs in their bottom 6/7 so if all of them keep picking up points that leaves space for at least one established premier league team to drop.

I really don't think Everton can gamble with a Remi Garde type appointment at this stage. Next summer yes.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very Sherwood like selection today, Tom Davies as part of a midfield two, he's a Grealish type player. Started with Mirallas and Lennon as the wide players and hooked them at half time.

Everton are a mess. They have better players than we did in our relegation season but they're in the same rut we are.

With every passing week appointing someone like Big Sam looks a more obvious move.

Depends on who they bring in as manager to be honest, I seriously doubt they will go down if they get someone good in. For all those in the press calling for Unsworth to be manager, just because he's British, well you can see from today that he has absolutely no clue what he's doing. It has been a horrific selection.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Broadly I agree but they can't score goals and don't win many games so it's a possibility like Stoke or West Ham are.

The three promoted clubs, Watford and Burnley are all doing much better than expected. I'd imagine many had those clubs in their bottom 6/7 so if all of them keep picking up points that leaves space for at least one established premier league team to drop.

I really don't think Everton can gamble with a Remi Garde type appointment at this stage. Next summer yes.

The problem for me is now Lukaku has gone they never look like scoring. They have a bottom 3 forward line and unless they resolve that they could very well go down. I thought they were on a par with Leicester at the start of the season but they are not even close in terms of fire power. 

Â