Leeds United's promotion push.

BOF

Leeds United's promotion push  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Leeds United's promotion push

• Terrible stuff. I don't want them back up yet.
    • Great stuff. 2 fingers up to the FA.
    • I don't have an opinion on it.

Leeds United are currently 7th in League One, 4 points behind the leaders. They are absolutely tearing up the league after obliterating the 15 point penalty handed out to them at the start of the season. If they did not have that penalty they would currently be 11 points clear at the top and sailling into the Championship.

Taking into account all the (self-inflicted) hardship they've had recently, the punishments and the fines handed to them coupled with them trying to recover from the Ridsdale era, are you glad to see them coming back up or are you more of the opinion that the hateful little scrotes can continue to suffer ad infinitum. Have they 'served their time' or not ?

Do you see Leeds' successes this season as a beautiful 2 fingers up to the FA or are you resentful that they seem to be coasting towards promotion back towards the big time before they deserve to?

I want them to go ou of business

But that wont happen. Leeds will always be an attractive proposition while they are in the lower leagues and they are one of the few teams currently outside the Premiership with the fanbase, history and status to be able to get back IN and not look out of place there. In fact I'd argue that Leeds above all other clubs (including Sheff Wed, Notts Forest, Leicester) are the biggest team* currently not in the Premiership.

*maybe 'biggest draw' is a better phrase.

They deserve to go up. Their football has been far and away the highest quality in that league, and unless something dramatically changes, they will.

My friends dad put £40 on Leeds to win the league shortly after they were handed that penalty, on my advice. The odds he had were, understandably, pretty good... so I hope they do it so that he buys me a pint for my recommendation.

I'm just gutted I didn't do it myself. But I'd have only put a fiver on anyway... I was surprised when he said he'd put £40 on it.

I don't want to see them back in the Premiership though. I hate how Leeds fans are always saying they deserve to be in the Premiership and that they are a 'big team' and 'too big to stay down'... well all I have to tell them is to look at Nottingham Forest... lots of clubs were big clubs.... now they are not.... Leeds fall into that category.

I hate how Leeds fans are always saying they deserve to be in the Premiership and that they are a 'big team' and 'too big to stay down'... well all I have to tell them is to look at Nottingham Forest... lots of clubs were big clubs.... now they are not.... Leeds fall into that category.

As annoying as it is, I agree with them. Leeds are a bigger club than Forest ever were, and they will be back in the Premier League, probably sooner rather than later. I don't think Leeds are even close to falling into Forest's category. Forest have been gone for a relative age. Leeds are only gone down a few years and now look like sauntering back to the 2nd tier. They'll be fine.

I want them to go ou of business

But that wont happen. Leeds will always be an attractive proposition while they are in the lower leagues and they are one of the few teams currently outside the Premiership with the fanbase, history and status to be able to get back IN and not look out of place there. In fact I'd argue that Leeds above all other clubs (including Sheff Wed, Notts Forest, Leicester) are the biggest team* currently not in the Premiership.

*maybe 'biggest draw' is a better phrase.

I know that they are unlikely to go out of business. Just saying what I want to happen

Their return to the lower leagues has caused quite a noticeable upsurge in hooliganism.

Their recent match with Millwall (surprise surprise) prouced scenes reminiscent of the 70s & 80s.

That wouldn't bother me particularly except for the fact that I live in Leeds and I don't want the city centre full of meatheads if I'm out shopping.

I hate how Leeds fans are always saying they deserve to be in the Premiership and that they are a 'big team' and 'too big to stay down'... well all I have to tell them is to look at Nottingham Forest... lots of clubs were big clubs.... now they are not.... Leeds fall into that category.

To be fair, we'd be saying exactly the same thing if (god forbid) we were in there position.

Massive club, hope they get back in the big time. Would prefer them to the likes of Reading, Fulham, Wigan or Bolton anyday.

I don't like them as a club, but I respect the fans.

They are getting the kind of gates that Man City, Sunderland and Villa got in that division.

That's something special. I therefore hope they go up, despite my distaste for Bates, Wise and some of the fans.

I think that it is a testament to Wise that he has got his team playing so well but Ken Bates deserves to be rinsed for the way he has manipulated this situation. If it wasn't for him then I would happily want to see Leeds promoted but as it stands I really don't care either way.

I don't like them as a club, but I respect the fans.

They are getting the kind of gates that Man City, Sunderland and Villa got in that division.

That's something special. I therefore hope they go up, despite my distaste for Bates, Wise and some of the fans.

me too. i wish them well.

hope they get back where they "belong" before too long.

Devious, conniving chairman.

weasily, nasty manager.

Violent thuggish hooligans for fans.

I don't want them back up. Leeds that is. Go on, admit it, you thought I was talking about Small Heath then didn't you?

Â