Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Some videos on Telegram show the Foreign Legion in the Northern part of Severodonetsk last night. Languages heard are American, Canadian, Scottish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, French, Spanish.. A coalition of the willing indeed. They move like SOF, so there’s clearly some skill set there that is extremely valuable to Ukraine.

Bear in mind that Severodonetsk is where Russia has their best troops, Terminators, most air power and massed artillery.

Ukraine also claiming that Mikolaiv oblast is almost fully liberated.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

9 hours ago, bickster said:

The LNR / DNR forces are mainly around Kherson, so they are taking losses right now as the Ukrainian forces advance there

Its also interesting that the Chechens took a good whalloping because until recently they were the enforces behind the lines making sure people got shot if the retreated / refused to fight but there have been rumours that Khadyrov isn’t Putin’s favourite warlord any more

The main body of Russia. forces are in that middle section in Severodonetsk. They’ve chucked everything they have spare at that thrust and are currently going slowly backwards

Indeed, that’s why I found the reports the Chechens took casualties interesting too. Either they were caught out by the counterattacks when making TikTok videos, or the Russians are scraping the barrel enough that even the Chechens need to get stuck in (given they’re fairly well equipped). Or maybe the reports about them taking losses are just wrong.

I didn’t think the DNR / LNR forces were in Kherson though? There was a tweet yesterday (which annoying I can’t find again) reporting the DNR troops were refusing to fight for Luhansk so I think there’s plenty around Severodonetsk. It would make sense to me for them to be relatively close to home too given they’re low-quality conscripts and probably not worth the petrol to drive halfway across the country.

I was under the impression the Kherson troops were just low-quality reserves, but were still actual Russian soldiers?

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

I didn’t think the DNR / LNR forces were in Kherson though? There was a tweet yesterday (which annoying I can’t find again) reporting the DNR troops were refusing to fight for Luhansk so I think there’s plenty around Severodonetsk. It would make sense to me for them to be relatively close to home too given they’re low-quality conscripts and probably not worth the petrol to drive halfway across the country.

Yep saw that but there was also another of two DNR who surrendered around Kherson I think

There's actually been about three different videos from DNR /LNR in the last day or so, I could actually only find the one you are talking about and not the other two :D

Do Macron and Sholtz realise how out of step they are with the majority opinion among Western and in particular NATO leaders (ignoring Hungary obv)

"We must not humiliate Russia..."

So when the fighting stops he wants to be back into Russia like a flash, does he not realise that Russia must be made to pay for the genocide its undertaken? He's in lalaland

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Do Macron and Sholtz realise how out of step they are with the majority opinion among Western and in particular NATO leaders (ignoring Hungary obv)

"We must not humiliate Russia..."

So when the fighting stops he wants to be back into Russia like a flash, does he not realise that Russia must be made to pay for the genocide its undertaken? He's in lalaland

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Macron suffers from small man syndrome. He’s constantly trying to be Europe’s president, be it with a collective EU security deal, pretending like he can do tough negotiations with Putin or acting like he decides who gets into EU. 

Scholz is a different kind of problem, he’s got 1998-values in 2022, he wants his cake (to brag about how much weapons he’s delivering) and to eat it too (not delivering). Both these men are getting found out by their voters. 

The sounds coming out of Severodonetsk aren’t good for Russia. Turns out that it looks like especially the Georgian legion have been particularly effective at disintegrating Chechen lines and have videos all over social media of themselves taking back the Northern part of the town including the hotel the Chechnyans captured last week.

Kadyrov’s TikTok warriors seem to struggle when they’re up against anything but traffic lights and trees..

Time for a timely insurrection in Grozny now that most of the idiots fighting for Kadyrov are busy being Putin’s cannon fodder in yet another failed attack.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Russia saying they’ve blown up some tanks supplied by Europe near Kyiv.

This wouldn’t be a massive blow if true. Most of the tanks sent to Ukraine were older Polish stock and less advanced than the ones than Ukraine had at the start of the war.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Russia saying they’ve blown up some tanks supplied by Europe near Kyiv.

Russia say an awful lot of bings that just aren’t true. This isn’t even the first time they claimed such a thing

Another Russian general ambushed in his car and sent packing. His vehicle was ambushed by Ukrainian SOF.

Roman Kutuzov was his name and he was involved in the horrendous killing of civilians North of Kiev. 

This will be the first Western main battle tanks delivered to Ukraine. They're used to levers, imagine what they can do with a proper tank. It's not modern by any means, but it'll make mincemeat out of T-72's and earlier models.

Edit: I just realised that Germany will have to okay this as they made the tanks. That probably means that it's dead in the water then. It could be a way to pile more pressure on Scholz.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I've got a few expat friends in Berlin who are reporting a more and more disillusioned German people. A people that wants to deliver aid in the form of heavy tanks and artillery to Ukraine, a people that wants to cut the gas and invest in solar and pellet ovens, and rather have German industry compete on quality rather than price from cheap Russian gas. Yet the ruling class in Germany can't seem to get their finger out, there's talk daily from SPD\CDU politicians about Ukraine at some point having to cede land to Russia. The German people are ludicrous, except for the big Serbian\Russian enclaves in some cities.

The state of play is that small nations like Estonia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark and Latvia have delivered more artillery than Germany and France. It's a damning verdict on Germany and France.

I wouldn't fancy being a Russian soldier in Kherson with Ukrainian soldiers in front of me and Ukrainian civilians left, right and behind me petrol bomb in hand.

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

funny you should mention that, Kherson woke up today to this poster put up all over the place

t98n3bb0md491.jpg

"We'll find every bastard that tortured our people in the basements, launched rockets or directed artillery! You'll never find peace on our land. Death to occupiers!"

But Russian state TV say's everything in Kherson is hunky dory and most support Russia lol? They even had a couple of kids playing under armed guard on the TV just over a week ago??? 

I mean, there are no medicines, goods are 3 times the norm. Probably have citizens being systematically being killed by Russians....but everyone seems happy in this new world.

• Haha 1

Â