Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Russian military bloggers are losing their minds over reports that a Russian unit was blasted by artillery while waiting 2 hours for their commander to give a motivational speech

[...]

According to the military blogger Rybar, the incident occurred in Kreminna, Luhansk, just before a Russian division was about to begin an assault.

"For two hours, people stood in a crowd in one place and waited for the division commander to give his motivating speech," wrote Rybar.

But instead of hearing their commander's words, the division took heavy fire from Ukrainian HIMARS and artillery, the blogger wrote.

Several reports say casualties over the incident may have been as high as 200, with as many as 100 dead, Insider's Sam Fellman reported. Rybar claimed that more people had died on this occasion than during several days of heavy fighting in the region.

"You can't stand in a column for two hours in one place!" wrote another blogger under the name Two Majors. "What are you doing, father commanders, you people in charge!"

"We are at war with our own stupidity and sloppiness, coated with fancy reports from above," the blogger continued.

Another Russian military blogger, known by the pseudonym Older than Edda, had harsh words for the unidentified commander.

"If by the middle of the second year of the war, there are commanders who bring columns to the front and gather personnel in one big pile, waiting for the enemy artillery to strike, then such commanders must be shot before the formation, even if they are colonels or generals," the blogger wrote.

Radio Free Europe reported on Wednesday that some influential pro-war bloggers have begun blaming Major General Zurab Akhmedov, though they provided no evidence to show he was responsible for this wartime gaffe.[...]

Yahoo

• Haha 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

More news in this thread on the battalion waiting around in the field for the General to arrive to give them a pep talk... (whole thread is worthy of a read)

So General Delimkhanov just happens to be Kadyrov's Cousin and right hand man. Kadyrov is now appealing to Ukrainian intelligence to help him locate his cousin who isn't answering his phone. Initially a Russian news agency dsaid he had been injured then decided they were wrong, other Russians have claimed to have spoken to him and he's fine, Kadyrov, however, isn't having his calls answered.

It could well be that his cousin is in a thousand pieces scattered all over a field

Just to further comment on the absolute insanity of this war.

My wife is Lithuanian and has family spread across Russia and other former soviet states including Ukraine.

She has close cousins in Kyiv who we have been trying to support and all the older men are enlisted in the UA

We found out yesterday a relative originating from the same great nan, died fighting FOR Russia as they remained in Russia back in the 80s. 

Absolute insanity.

Edited by pas5898
  • Sad 2

I work with someone who's Mrs is Russian, she lives in the UK.  Her 23 year old son has been called up to fight. He currently works in a coffee bar in Moscow. It's an horrendous situation. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

I work with someone who's Mrs is Russian, she lives in the UK.  Her 23 year old son has been called up to fight. He currently works in a coffee bar in Moscow. It's an horrendous situation. 

Why did he hang around? Especially as I assume he could live with mum here. 

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why did he hang around? Especially as I assume he could live with mum here. 

He couldn't come and didn't want to 3 years ago. She's been here for 3 years and is currently getting her visa sorted, she's marred to the guy I work with who's British. There's a few Russians living in the UK, married to British men, I know of 2.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

More news in this thread on the battalion waiting around in the field for the General to arrive to give them a pep talk... (whole thread is worthy of a read)

So General Delimkhanov just happens to be Kadyrov's Cousin and right hand man. Kadyrov is now appealing to Ukrainian intelligence to help him locate his cousin who isn't answering his phone. Initially a Russian news agency dsaid he had been injured then decided they were wrong, other Russians have claimed to have spoken to him and he's fine, Kadyrov, however, isn't having his calls answered.

It could well be that his cousin is in a thousand pieces scattered all over a field

The other general in charge was the guy who went head long against Vuhledar artillery with no plan and lost 100 vehicles. These two got promoted on the back of their reports back to Putin about how great said operation went.

Imagine the losses Russia have had due to their idiocy.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Ukrainian artillery launched mines was the explanation I saw. 

Possible but they would have been launched some time beforehand as there appears to have been no residual smoke etc. Also not convinced its an ammo truck, more likely a fuel truck, ammo would have secondary explosions, that just went boom.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Probably didn’t think it would affect him.

23 year olds have a lot of bravado. 

And residents of Moscow & St Petersberg have been relatively safe from military drafts until very recently, even before the full scale invasion of Ukraine. The Russian Military have tended to leave the two big cities alone because those are the big political power bases.

6 hours ago, bickster said:

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I was wrong, they are two separate events apparently, yes twice in a few days this has happened

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Apparently Kadyrov has come out and saiid he has spoken to him now. Shame. There's always next time.

18 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

As much of a wrongen as he is, I can at least respect that he always tells it as it is

He definitely does get straight to the point. If he wasn't such a c*** I could admire that quality in him. But he does it regardless of the impact back home. I think he's fully aware that Russia can't win, he's pulled most his troops from the conflict off the frontlines for a reason and not just because they've been battered. I think he knows he needs to prep for what is to come further down the line when the blame game starts proper. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

And residents of Moscow & St Petersberg have been relatively safe from military drafts until very recently, even before the full scale invasion of Ukraine. The Russian Military have tended to leave the two big cities alone because those are the big political power bases.

When he told us about his stepson been drafted this crossed my mind, drafting from Moscow is a big move for Putin, I think it shows how desperate he has become.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bickster said:

This is likely the incident with the battalion being hit:

• Thanks 1

Â