Missing 411

ermie123

44 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Seriel killers. When you think about it there must be loads out there that go undiscovered. 

I think there is one in this country at the moment, there have been so many people walking home from nights out that have 'fallen' into canals it just doesn't sit right.

There have been cases in Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham... 

I'm convinced someone is pushing people in and possibly stopping them getting out. Unless someone see's it happening or survives nobody would have any evidence. 

Several in York, also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s essentially a thread trying to build romantic mystery out of missing persons. There’s a nod towards alien abductions.

A ‘famous’ person that went missing was Richey Edwards there in the picture, from the Manic Street Preachers. No body found, nothing, just missing and eventually presumed dead so everyone could wrap up the paper work and grieve. Lots of bogus ‘sightings’ all over the world. Works in a chippy in Pontypandy apparently.

By chance, today is exactly 25 years to the day that Richie’s Manic Street Preachers released the album Generation Terrorist, which includes the most beautiful song about loneliness and despair, Motorcycle Emptiness.

To complete the coincidences, today is also dydd miwsig cymru, welsh music day.

yeah, you get a like for that :)

• Like 1

People die and we find some but not all of the bodies.  People can lie dead next to main roads and motorways for months if not years. 

Read the story of Chris McCandless. His body, camera and diary were only found because he died whilst sheltering in an abandoned bus on a wilderness trail.   This makes it a tragic but interesting tale. It's not certain how he died but it's certainly not a mystery.  

Had he walked a couple of more miles and camped in the woods his body would probably still be missing.   It would be a mysterious disappearance.  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Had he walked a couple of more miles and camped in the woods his body would probably still be missing.   It would be a mysterious disappearance.  

And we wouldn't have the excellent Eddie Vedder soundtrack ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Generation Terrorist / Motorcycle Emptiness is 25 years old today!

When I first heard Walk Me To The Bridge all I could think was how was it possible for a band who had been around so long and released so much material to sound so Vibrant and exciting. 

Top notch 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ermie123 said:

For instance what has happened to the RAF man who recently went missing in Bury St Edmunds? (i think thats the right place).  CCTV saw him go in down an alley with only one exit, but not come out again?

Wasn't his phone tracked to a route than a bin wagon took to a landfill site? He may have fallen asleep in a bin and ended up in the back of the wagon 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Wasn't his phone tracked to a route than a bin wagon took to a landfill site? He may have fallen asleep in a bin and ended up in the back of the wagon 

Probably, but i know it has vanished from the news excuse the pun.

Â