Missing 411

ermie123

Has anyone looked at any of this?  Its about people inexplicably going missing in wilderness areas near enough all over the world and now even in urban areas.  The people doing the research strictly follow a criteria in all the cases.  For instance they exclude any links to mental illness, crime ect.  The main man is David Paulides who is an ex police officer and is very insightful and also only brings up the evidence and does not give any reason for why the people vanish.  You can see a lot of the presentations on youtube and also hear a lot on coasttocoastam, wheredidtheroadgo ect.  I find that on reading the books and researching the evidence that is available the whole thing is brain numbing in the extreme.  For instance there are documented cases of children aged 2/4 years old walking 20/30 miles before being found and having crossed mountain ranges.  This happens all over the world, not just America.  One case involves a man running up a hill, checking in at the top with the race organisers and then running down again, one way up and one way down, but never getting down and no evidence of anything, he just simply vanished?  Absolute crazy stuff that beggars belief!  There is a website called www.canammissing.com  The Australian cases are very interesting as well as the UK and American ones.  For instance what has happened to the RAF man who recently went missing in Bury St Edmunds? (i think thats the right place).  CCTV saw him go in down an alley with only one exit, but not come out again?

10 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

I'm lost now that's too cryptic for me. 

I believe it's the guy from Manic Street Preachers who went missing years ago, and has since been officially presumed dead. As he was semi-famous there's a whole bunch of info on his wiki about the circs of his disappearence.

For some reason I get his story mixed up with that of the original Feeder drummer.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hogso said:

I believe it's the guy from Manic Street Preachers who went missing years ago, and has since been officially presumed dead. As he was semi-famous there's a whole bunch of info on his wiki about the circs of his disappearence.

For some reason I get his story mixed up with that of the original Feeder drummer.

Oh right now i get it sorry about that.  Yes that's also a very disturbing case as is the chef lady in York who has vanished, totally bizarre.  You would think that in today's hi tech world people cannot just vanish off the face of the earth.

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm still lost.

It’s essentially a thread trying to build romantic mystery out of missing persons. There’s a nod towards alien abductions.

A ‘famous’ person that went missing was Richey Edwards there in the picture, from the Manic Street Preachers. No body found, nothing, just missing and eventually presumed dead so everyone could wrap up the paper work and grieve. Lots of bogus ‘sightings’ all over the world. Works in a chippy in Pontypandy apparently.

By chance, today is exactly 25 years to the day that Richie’s Manic Street Preachers released the album Generation Terrorist, which includes the most beautiful song about loneliness and despair, Motorcycle Emptiness.

To complete the coincidences, today is also dydd miwsig cymru, welsh music day.

• Like 4

The posts have reached double figures and no one has said something about Villa's midfield going missing for ages.

I do find some of this stuff interesting and have found myself skimming through Wikipedia to read up on some disappearances. The Flannan Isle Lighthouse has a certain "romantic mystery" about it as @chrisp65 called it. Benjamin Bathurst is another interesting one. 

My interest is more down to quirky bits of history, rather than "it was aliens!!" theories (not that I think that's the OP's aim). 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Seriel killers. When you think about it there must be loads out there that go undiscovered. 

I think there is one in this country at the moment, there have been so many people walking home from nights out that have 'fallen' into canals it just doesn't sit right.

There have been cases in Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham... 

I'm convinced someone is pushing people in and possibly stopping them getting out. Unless someone see's it happening or survives nobody would have any evidence. 

Â