Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Bruce said a couple of weeks ago that we are short in the wide positions, so he brings 2 wide men in. Great. But then why send 2 wide men out on loan (Green and Adomah). Net impact is 0. 

Completely and utterly clueless. If he had an ounce of self respect, which he hasn't, he'd walk. 

All the links were saying we'd be getting Puncheon in if Adomah went. Don't let other possibilities affect predjudice!

Really don't know what the debate is about. The new owners are getting there feet under the table - we have brought in some decent players, Mcginn, Abraham, and that winger geezer + Kept Grealish & Chester - and incumbent manager in the championship would be delighted to get his hands on that lot. IMO Bruce has to deliver pretty swiftly or else he will be out - Equally the next manager won't be able to complain so much about not having his own men in - If the new guy thinks tika tacka is the way to go he has the players.

Next test is who they select post Bruce - I don't subscribe to 'anyone could do better argument' 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Quite a bad day I think for those completely unconnected individuals who constantly are asking for Bruce to be sacked. 

He’s been backed in this window.

I’d argue the owners have backed what’s good for the club rather than backing Bruce.

Just thought I’d put that out there so you're not too downbeat when he get sacked. 

Edit: owner statement was we are showing our intent with our signings. Not showing our intent with our backing of the manager.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d argue the owners have backed what’s good for the club rather than backing Bruce.

Just thought I’d put that out there so you're not too downbeat when he get sacked. 

Pretty similar to what I posted above - should we dispense with Bruce - the next guy inherits a flexible squad - with some of the best talent in the championship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Pretty similar to what I posted above - should we dispense with Bruce - the next guy inherits a flexible squad - with some of the best talent in the championship.

Yep. Some people think this summers transfers are all down to Bruce. They may well be. It just doesn’t feel that way to me.

A new manager has a pretty decent team to take over. Albeit needs to sort the defence out in January if possible.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep. Some people think this summers transfers are down to Bruce. They may well be. It just doesn’t feel that way to me.

I sort of thing its a mixture - who wouldn't want Mcginn, Abraham, and En-Ghazi  - but they sort of strike me as multi dimensional players - They can play in a direct system - or equally in a short passing game. 

26 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That’d put us on 29 Points from 17 games. That’ll put us right in the mix, as they say.

Terry - I think you know exactly what I mean ? We are inconsistent - average  in equal measure and never really look like being the real deal - even on winning streaks - we still look distinctly average in games - we have to face it - this is Bruce, what you see is what you get - a team that flatters to deceive for most parts 

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I sort of thing its a mixture - who wouldn't want Mcginn, Abraham, and En-Ghazi  - but they sort of strike me as multi dimensional players - They can play in a direct system - or equally in a short passing game. 

True. Im sure Bruce was more than happy with having these players. They are just a different approach to his last seasons trusted players like Whelan, Elmo Snodgrass etc.

Again as I said before he is the manager so he has to be credited or criticised by all his Signings. But it does feel like owners have made it clear on the type of signings they will sanction. 

Last 2 season it felt like XIa and Wyness would pretty much sanction and try make happen any player the managers wanted. I.e. McCormack, Landsbury, Hogan etc all on Premier league wages. 

For too long we’ve been an agents wet dream.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Quite a bad day I think for those completely unconnected individuals who constantly are asking for Bruce to be sacked. 

On the contrary really - Bruce has the bad habit of messing up signings - so I would figure that he has to get this right otherwise the watchful owners might welll decide he does not cut the mustard - it really is over to you Stevie - no more excuses - just get on with your job please 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I have not said football hasn't moved on.....but blimey Dave that is quite a profound statement.....of course its moved on....But somethings have been built upon idea's of the past.

What I am saying is......many tactical formations have been used in yesteryear football....The magnificent Magyars showed us a style......Rinus Michels introduced " Total Football" how many years ago was that, before Johann Cryuff, gave us his version......Ron Greenwood was a visionary.....Bill Shankly introduced a style that blew Europe away.....Don Revie had his system at Leeds that was domestically awesome.

Brian Clough won the coveted prize twice with his Forest Team, that was so intense it was untrue.

and dare I say it, Ron Saunders, defeated the great Bayern side with his 4-3-3  and 110 % work rate mantra.

They all had ways of playing and more importantly IMV players that could do it.

The difference is TRO, in those days, managers didn't have to motivate 23 millionaires! 

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

As long as the new manager is attack-minded! If he had any kind of defensive thoughts he might as well not fill his desk from the off as he will soon be out. 

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The difference is TRO, in those days, managers didn't have to motivate 23 millionaires! 

@TRO still living in the past and not accepting how much football has moved on from the 80s. Maybe one day I’ll be on this forum talking about the Villa greats of my era. There won’t be much for me to talk about though. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A nice pay off and pina colada’s while relaxing on an exotic beach.  

Mans a genius with the way he is engineering his exit. Hats off to him.

yeah. this is the reason I hate coming on this site sometimes. Trying to  engineer a pay off so he can have a drink on a beach. 

actually struggling to finish this post without questioning your intelligence.

The mind boggles. 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

He absolutely has.

No excuses for not getting promotion now. Can't wait to go up, we've been here long enough.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Which is the whole plan. Am I the only one they can see that he wants out?

Also 9/11 was carried out by the US Government, JFK was killed by the mafia, the Mars landing was actually filmed in Rhyl, Aliens made contact years ago and in fact make up Barcelona's first 11.

I had a mate who lost the plot once after taking way to much acid.

Your posts take me back to those crazy days

Villa under Bruce feels very much like being an England fan during the golden era(early to mid 2000s). Very good players used in a system and in positions that don't bring the best out of them. The result... Underachievement. 

Every match is a struggle and is never a solid routine win under Bruce. We could have Messi and Ronaldo in our side and still find it difficult to beat the likes of Rotherham due to poor management. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, London Villa said:

yeah. this is the reason I hate coming on this site sometimes. Trying to  engineer a pay off so he can have a drink on a beach. 

actually struggling to finish this post without questioning your intelligence.

The mind boggles. 

Clearly you take Internet forums (hopefully not life) way too seriously. 

I’m dedicating this video to both you and Steve Bruce. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 minutes ago, London Villa said:

Also 9/11 was carried out by the US Government, JFK was killed by the mafia, the Mars landing was actually filmed in Rhyl, Aliens made contact years ago and in fact make up Barcelona's first 11.

I had a mate who lost the plot once after taking way to much acid.

Your posts take me back to those crazy days

If you like Pina Colada....;)

29 minutes ago, villarocker said:

One of the differences of the modern day granted......but all the top teams players are usually paid the most.....and they don't seem to struggle with motivation.

I think in many cases motivation is intrinsic.....winning is also a big encouragement to win more....it has a knock on effect.

@London Villa Watch his press conferences. Just look how relaxed he is compared to last year. Ok maybe saying he is engineering the sack was a little OTT but this is not a man that is fearful of it. He is going through the motions. 

Last season he felt the pressure and did not want to lose his job. This years the mans chilling! 

Â