Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why would he do any of those things?

Whelan isn't a 2 year old. He knows he **** up. He doesn't need Steve Bruce to tell him what he's done.

And Whelan has been one of our best players since the Blues game. He won't be benched for a mistake, and rightly so.

For the last 20 years and more teams have been watching games back to analyse and address errors.

If we arent having players review there mistakes and taking positive action to rectify those mistakes we've no business being a professional sports club as this is as basic as it gets.

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I have heard very few rumblings in the stands about Bruce. The majority are still massively behind him, I don't think one bad result will sway that. So many people singing his name for on the holte.

I don't think think the majority of fans would care either way.  That's what Villa has done to us. 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Time will tell, he has had two shit results in Millwall then Derby.

2 games we should have taken a minimum of 4 points from.. we came away with 1.. 

yep total shit pts total & ppg

win ratio is also shit

goals scored also shit

Clean sheets ratio

GD too

'IF' he loses the next 2 games then that will be 1 pt from a possible 12. 

sackable statistics

Time will tell I guess but I stand by my judgement from what I have seen so far.

We‘re 1 defeat away from a Motivational speech from DrT

2 defeats away from DrT having to make a decision

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

yep total shit pts total & ppg

win ratio is also shit

goals scored also shit

Clean sheets ratio

GD too

sackable statistics

We‘re 1 defeat away from a Motivational speech from DrT

2 defeats away from DrT having to make a decision

I want Bruce to be sacked so you can sleep again!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was an exgeration I admit. But it wasn't completely made up so I could defend my hero Steve Bruce. ;)

Out of interest, who out there thinks if we stick with Bruce there is zero chance of promotion but we sack him now there is good chance of promotion. Any takers ?

Yeah I will also take it.

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But the offer is only on the cards if you think a new manager will get us promoted this season? 

So what you think?

Providing he is replaced with a better manager and not a side step or 2 steps backwards then it's pointless imo and may as well stick.

Edit:  I think of the suitable 'Better' candidates that where mentioned in October are now in jobs elsewhere, Coleman at Sunderland, Allerdyce at Everton etc. So does not leave us with many options.

'Arry is available but I don't know if he is any worse than the dick we already have.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Forgot something
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But the offer is only on the cards if you think a new manager will get us promoted this season? 

So what you think?

yes

get rid

The coaches too

Calderwood clements & Agnew too

And as soon as Wyness & round have „administrated“ their way through new appointments & signings for the window

F**** em off aswell

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Time will tell, he has had two shit results in Millwall then Derby.

2 games we should have taken a minimum of 4 points from.. we came away with 1..

'IF' he loses the next 2 games then that will be 1 pt from a possible 12.

Time will tell I guess but I stand by my judgement from what I have seen so far.

But this is nothing to do with what you said.

If Bruce gets sacked in two games then John terry complimenting him on TV will have had absolutely zero bearing on the situation :D 

57 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Providing he is replaced with a better manager and not a side step or 2 steps backwards then it's pointless imo and may as well stick.

Edit:  I think of the suitable 'Better' candidates that where mentioned in October are now in jobs elsewhere, Coleman at Sunderland, Allerdyce at Everton etc. So does not leave us with many options.

'Arry is available but I don't know if he is any worse than the dick we already have.

The fact you even mentioned 'Arry is insulting to our club. I may not like Bruce but he is still a better choice than that word removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

correct

Absolutely 100% correct

Hmm

I‘m not so sure about that.

Bruce was out of work at the time. He resigned from Hull pretty early and other clubs could have offered him something before we did.

But more importantly, as Bruce indeed said himself „I‘ve waited 20years for a job at a big club“ (unless he didnt mean us). So I think he would have taken it even if he’d only been offered a years supply of Kebabs and an effective Carb-blocker

I disagree.

He (and more importantly his agent) aren't idiots. They would have negotiated.

There's no way Steve Bruce would have accepted a contract to the end of the season. As much as you don't rate him, he's one of the highest profile managers there is AT THIS LEVEL. He had bargaining power. 

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

For the last 20 years and more teams have been watching games back to analyse and address errors.

If we arent having players review there mistakes and taking positive action to rectify those mistakes we've no business being a professional sports club as this is as basic as it gets.

I'm 100% sure we do those things.

My point was Glenn Whelan doesn't have to sit down and watch a video of his backpass to know he's made a mistake. He doesn't need to be told it was an error or analyse how it happened.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fair enough, but I still think he is in hot water no matter who comes and praises him.

Again, whether he is in hot water or not has nothing to do with a player being complimentary to him. 

Terry praised him on the day he signed. Was he in hot water then?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

@Grasshopper would rather have Dr Venglos in charge with a coaching staff of Mcleish, Sherwood and Garde with Rene Higuita as Goalkeeping coach 

• Haha 1

Â