The 90s revival night

The_Rev

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

That's some top shuffling and running man action to be fair.

edit: and to Des'ree too at the end!

Edited by Risso
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

There's some weird controversy about that song. The line after "you're looking happily deranged"

Nobody knows what he says. Not even him (I think).

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There's some weird controversy about that song. The line after "you're looking happily deranged"

Nobody knows what he says. Not even him (I think).

Yeah, I recall reading something about that. I've a vague memory about the song having been written about a shooting? I may be confusing it with something else though, 

Just now, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, I recall reading something about that. I've a vague memory about the song having been written about a shooting? I may be confusing it with something else though, 

As far as I can recall, the accepted lyric was "can you settle to shoot me?", but the band said it wasn't that, but didn't actually say what it was.

My guess is it WAS "Can you settle to shoot me?" but with the hint of controversy arising they denied it.

Regardless, that's made me nostalgic. Loved that show.

• Like 1

I've left the playlist in on this one.  Orbital 2 ("the brown album") is the best album of the decade imo.  It's ten tracks split into five movements.  The second part, Lush 3-1 through to Remind really is about as good as it gets.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Still one of my most played tracks on my phone.

May 1997 and cost £12 what a bargain that was.

The Charlatans are playing for free in Coventry tomorrow night. Lucky that's where my mother in law lives!

Â