The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Motion about contempt passed by 311 to 293 (government amendment failed by 307 - 311 which included John Woodcock voting with the government).

Leadsom says that the government will publish the legal advice - tomorrow, I think.

So that's two losses for the government today. A third due later with Grieve's amendment?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Fitting though. She's lead a government that has been completely, for want of a better word, contemptuous of Parliament with secrecy and outright lies everywhere, so I hope she's humiliated.

Hopefully, Steve Bruce's cabbage will make another appearance.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

First time government has been found in contempt?

I think it's technically Ministers but yes, it would seem so.

She's struggling to get through the first para or two of her opening speech without having people standing to make interventions. I know that a lot of this has already been covered but this isn't a good look especially as one of them was an unhelpful intervention from a government backbencher.

Edit: Now she's going on about public trust in politicians. This is from her. Someone who has a very clear record of lying whenever it suits. The absolute sodding cheek of her.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think it's technically Ministers but yes, it would seem so.

She's struggling to get through the first para or two of her opening speech without having people standing to make interventions. I know that a lot of this has already been covered but this isn't a good look especially as one of them was an unhelpful intervention from a government backbencher.

Arrives home, reads, this Parliament channel on, popcorn out

• Like 1

She's getting a shoeing.

You can tell the will is gone. The words are coming out, the same shit that's been spewed before, but there's no belief behind it anymore.

Her deal is dead, if it was ever alive, and it's only a matter of time before this whole thing collapses.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Grieve's amendment passed with 321 Ayes and 299 Noes.

It's becoming a habit now.

26 Tories voting against the Government, 4 Labour voting with.

Kate ******** Hoey being one, obviously. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Grieve’s amendment effectively means next to no chance of No Deal, right?

I don't think so.

I don't think it has any effect upon the already passed legislated for date of leaving and the default is leaving on that date without a deal.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

She's getting a shoeing.

You can tell the will is gone. The words are coming out, the same shit that's been spewed before, but there's no belief behind it anymore.

Her deal is dead, if it was ever alive, and it's only a matter of time before this whole thing collapses.

She looks **** terrible as well.

This can't be good for her health.

Â