Weekends football 6/9 November

andykeenan

Draw would've been better but that was a predictable result. Bournemouth are shite.

Not at the start of the season but realistically the moment they were relegated was when Wilson went down clutching his knee at Stoke, they've fallen apart since that moment as he was so central to their attacks with his pace and finishing. Losing Gradel has been a bad blow aswell. 

They've had quite an easy start to the season looking at their fixtures so I actually think they'll finish bottom, yes a team who will be worse than us.

I thought Newcastle would win today as they do have goals in them but blimey looking at the match stats I don't really think Newcastle will go on a winning run if they can only muster one shot at Bournemouth.

the premier league has been shite so far this season. there has been a decline in quality over the past few years but even during that period it was still relatively exciting. this year it has just been really, really poor. i wonder why that is.

Players that are being signed aren't of a high enough quality imo particularly defensively. Is someone like Baba Rahman really the best Chelsea could've got at left back seeing as he cost them 17m, think Ausburg took Chelsea to the cleaners there.

That's the thing, prem clubs may have 200m more to spend over the next year or two but that dosen't mean there's 200m worth of world class players ready to be signed as that pool is pretty small and not all those world class players in Germany and Spain like Messi, Lewandowski, Mueller etc want to play in this league.

So more speculative punts which may or may not come off and a hell of a lot more money wasted.

the premier league has been shite so far this season. there has been a decline in quality over the past few years but even during that period it was still relatively exciting. this year it has just been really, really poor. i wonder why that is.

Players that are being signed aren't of a high enough quality imo particularly defensively. Is someone like Baba Rahman really the best Chelsea could've got at left back seeing as he cost them 17m, think Ausburg took Chelsea to the cleaners there.

hes 21...

It's amazing what a bit of momentum, organisation and confidence can do to a football team. If you looked at Leicester's squad on paper you would have them down for finishing between 20th-15th. 

The mentality of that team is incredible. 

• Like 1

hes 21...

Off a Chelsea site:

"Then take Rahman, I can't even name his main attributes; he isn't defensive, he isn't attacking, he isn't quick, he isn't slow, he isn't good in the air, he isn't bad in the air, he isn't good at tackling, he isn't bad at tackling, same goes for positioning and work rate. He is just a normal average player that you would find at Aston Villa. "

;)

Agreed, I think the quality and the excitement has been in decline for a number of years.

Players may be physically fitter and technically better now but the thrill has gone.. mid to late 90's for me was much better 

Agreed, I think the quality and the excitement has been in decline for a number of years.

Players may be physically fitter and technically better now but the thrill has gone.. mid to late 90's for me was much better 

But But But. It's the best league in the world 

hes 21...

Off a Chelsea site:

"Then take Rahman, I can't even name his main attributes; he isn't defensive, he isn't attacking, he isn't quick, he isn't slow, he isn't good in the air, he isn't bad in the air, he isn't good at tackling, he isn't bad at tackling, same goes for positioning and work rate. He is just a normal average player that you would find at Aston Villa. "

;)

yup and you got a bunch of people in england saying raheem sterling is shite and massively over rated. Also had somebody tell me Adama is going to be the best player villa have ever seen. Fans are atrocious at judging players potential and half of us dont have a scooby what actually makes a good left back apart from "if no obvious mistake, he did good!!!". 

If people on this forum are saying amavi is going to be class in the future and go onto a much better team as hes only 21. The same things should be said about rahman.

And to answer youre original question, No, it isnt the best LB chelsea could have signed. If chelsea could turn back time they would probably keep felipe luis but i assume he wanted first team football and nobody in the world predicted the massive decline in ivanovic. Rahman was clearly going to become the lb in the future whilst learning under ivanovic/azpi until ivanovic finally had to hang up his boots. It just happened much faster than predicted and its pretty unfair to judge that signing so quickly. Chelsea had two of the best fbs in the world at start of the season.

imo ofc :)

Edited by gharperr

Â