The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Ok but @magnkarlisn’t dismally thick and made some more substantive points that you’re just ignoring

This is a long arc. All been covered before.

We're a nation that plopped into idiot traps thanks to mugged off and witless gobshites.

What a gift for the next generation.

• Like 1

Well if we're on about St Jez again... from this weekend

Meanwhile, the former Labour leader makes the case for caution. Corbyn told Global’s Lewis Goodall: “The priority has to be an intervention to bring about a ceasefire. Listen, if Ukraine and Russia can talk about a grain deal then it’s obviously possible they can talk. And what happens if there is no ceasefire? Many, many thousands more are going to be killed.”

MiddleEasternEye

He's either incredibly stupid or willfully ignorant at this stage

Ukraine and Russia didn't meet and speak for the grain deal either. That was brokered by Erdogan who met both parties separately with assistance from the UN

The rest of the article isn't worth reading but that quote tells you all you need to know about Corbyn and how he'd have handled the Ukraine situation.

Actually I've just found a tweet from Goodall that contains further quotes from Corbyn. It is willful ignorance

He can't even give a straight answer to the last question

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 07/02/2023 at 08:55, Xann said:

But.... But... But... He hated Jews Chinders.

The dismally thick said so.

If only any of the points in my post were about Jews, that would be an argument. It wasn't. Pot and kettle, and all that.

But do go on.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

MiddleEasternEye

Ukraine and Russia didn't meet and speak for the grain deal either. That was brokered by Erdogan who met both parties separately with assistance from the UN

The rest of the article isn't worth reading but that quote tells you all you need to know about Corbyn and how he'd have handled the Ukraine situation.

Actually I've just found a tweet from Goodall that contains further quotes from Corbyn. It is willful ignorance

I think JC's morals have been laid bare, he has no bloody clue how to deal with anyone not the U.S or NATO invading, raping and murdering civilians.

If it was NATO or the US he'd be out protesting with the gang. You almost have to start wondering if he's on the take like some of his buddies of old.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

MiddleEasternEye

It is actually worth listening to the whole thing. The quotes above don't really do justice to how stroppy and belligerent he gets numerous times during the interview. He really doesn't help himself. 

• Like 1

Oh my.

I don't think many are really getting where this country and the World are going?

It goes way beyond this thread, and many of the other threads are interlinked.

With our current society models and the characters driving them, there's no happy ending.

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

When it came down to the crunch, you voted for him too.

I also though Beardy was too fluffy, but we've seen the alternative, bought to us with the help of Putin's machinations.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If only any of the points in my post were about Jews, that would be an argument. It wasn't.

But do go on.

Oh right, see above. It's a long arc.

I will go on :)

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

It is actually worth listening to the whole thing. The quotes above don't really do justice to how stroppy and belligerent he gets numerous times during the interview. He really doesn't help himself. 

And that is with a friendly journalist in Goodall

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

I also though Beardy was too fluffy, but we've seen the alternative, bought to us with the help of Putin's machinations.

erm, so was Corbyn, Seumas Milne is a Putin stooge in the Galloway mold

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Oh my.

I don't think many are really getting where this country and the World are going?

It goes way beyond this thread, and many of the other threads are interlinked.

With our current society models and the characters driving them, there's no happy ending.

When it came down to the crunch, you voted for him too.

Oh right, see above. It's a long arc.

I will go on :)

Tbh, I don't think wanting our politicians, no matter the creed or party - not going on Iran State TV or not able to condemn a nation raping their way through their neighbouring country is interlinked at all.

JCs mindset is so coloured by his alliegiances to STWC and his old buddies that he can't be a reasonable human being on Ukraine or anything not the US or NATO.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

And it doesn't really stop at Milne either. Look at that no to nato gig, and pretty much all of them are\have been fairly close to Corbyn. All of them are pro-Putin genocide apologists at this stage.

It seems most of them fell down a conspiracy theory hole and can't get out again.

Edited by magnkarl

Just now, bickster said:

No. He's a fluffy idealist, 

I'm not sure what Milne and Galloway are all about?

Galloway is a weirdo, not much would surprise me about him.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

And that is with a friendly journalist in Goodall

Not sure that I'd use "friendly" to describe him given how loaded that word is when talking about journalists.

"Fair"? "Not deliberately hostile"?

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not sure that I'd use "friendly" to describe him given how loaded that word is when talking about journalists.

"Fair"? "Not deliberately hostile"?

Yes that is probably a better description

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Corbyn’s problem is he centres everything around US imperialism, and then how closely allied to Washington, Wall St, etc is a measure of how evil you are.

That’s his worldview. Among the Latin American left that is a pretty mainstream take on things, because for decades the US has interfered and exploited that part of the world.

Similar in the Arab world.

But where Corbyn runs into issues is in regions like Eastern Europe, where they (rightly) perceive the main threat to be Russia, and Corbyn simply cannot compute that the US is not their enemy. That’s why he sounds so confused on the Ukraine situation, it just takes him miles away from his tried and trusted applause lines.

This is valid.

We also have Wall St homing in on the NHS and a severe drop in the standards of everything.

We'll never know if Fluffy could have balanced reality with his beliefs? It was a banker that Boris was going to be a smash and grab.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I listened to it when it was posted (if that's the right word for podcasts) and I was thinking during it, how it (what he said) would just confirm what people already thought about him. I felt some sympathy, some annoyance and some scorn, basically. He's thin skinned, lacks self awareness, is convinced of his own righteousness to a degree which isn't supportable by the evidence, and he's not got the right character or characteristics to be a remotely good leader. He's also got some terrible ingrained blindspots, to put it kindly. Equally he is visibly more "human" than most politicians, has in many areas good intentions and motives and is principled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Yeah. The difficulty is, when faced with picking between 2 awful choices, the country made an awful choice.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

where Corbyn runs into issues is in regions like Eastern Europe, where they (rightly) perceive the main threat to be Russia, and Corbyn simply cannot compute that the US is not their enemy

Aye. I look at it like his world view was set in concrete sometime in the 60s or 70s and just hasn't changed one iota with the passing of time and all the events that have meant the world isn't now as it was then. That inflexibility of thinking is a major downside to his character.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah. The difficulty is, when faced with picking between 2 awful choices, the country made an awful choice.

I think it likely that history will see that the worst choice was made, by people that had been led down the garden path?

Â