Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Watching the Bolton v Barnsley game and Aaron Collins in his style of play reminded me a little of Marcus Maddison who I had forgotten about, was talk of him going to the Championship or even Premier League at one point, now in prison it seems

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Fulham release Terence Kongolo, was linked to us as a Mings alternative after promotion

Edited by useless

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Ryan Sessegnon.

Championship legend. 25m. 5 year deal.

About 3 appearances and going on a free.

Wow, I always thought he looked a real prospect. Guess that's him done now.

Ben Petty as in the SHA thread.

No relation to Tom but was on our books in the mid 90s and made the bench for a few games. Not sure how highly rated he was in those times.

I can also remember David Hughes coming on at half time in a 1-0 win v Liverpool in March 1997 and playing really well. Think that was only match he ever played and then he left and faded into obscurity. Will look up what happened to him post Villa.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ben Petty as in the SHA thread.

No relation to Tom but was on our books in the mid 90s and made the bench for a few games. Not sure how highly rated he was in those times.

I can also remember David Hughes coming on at half time in a 1-0 win v Liverpool in March 1997 and playing really well. Think that was only match he ever played and then he left and faded into obscurity. Will look up what happened to him post Villa.

apparently played 6/7 times though dont remember but seemed injury prone

John McGrath was another one, played a couple of games but pre internet days he hyped by some in Ireland that he was Paul son but had a good career at Burton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

apparently played 6/7 times though dont remember but seemed injury prone

John McGrath was another one, played a couple of games but pre internet days he hyped by some in Ireland that he was Paul son but had a good career at Burton

Just had a look, David Hughes left to join Shrewsbury in 1999 and we actually did well as he joined Cardiff for 450k in 2001 and we made 225k out of that. 50% sell on clause and pretty much the fee Delaney signed for.

Then had injuries and retired in 2003. Came back here to coach the under 18s in 2018.

There was also a Jonathan Brewers around in those times who seemed to pop up once a season on our bench for five years. Also Michael Standing who came with Barry and was arguably more hyped but couldn't break through and then retired soon after leaving and actually was Barry's agent for a while IIRC.

Djed Spence, signed by Spuds from the smog monsters that are Middlesbrough. Currently on loan at Genoa…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strog said:

Djed Spence, signed by Spuds from the smog monsters that are Middlesbrough. Currently on loan at Genoa…

Warnock had it right in the end. Had six months at Forest where everything clicked but doesn't have the mentality to stay a top level pro.

Â