• Shaun Wright-Phillips
    • Jermain Defoe
    • Craig Bellamy
    • Marlon Harewood
    • Jussi Jaaskelainen
    • Wesley Sneijder
    • Somebody else, not on this list
    • Nobody else - that's it for this summer

I personally think we may be in for a few surprises. I think we pulled a surprise or two out of the hat in January and so there's no reason why we aren't close to signing anyone that we've been very canny about and one that hasn't been disclosed to the press (which is a good thing!).

SWP. Malouda deal seems to be nearing so means SWP will be shown the door straight into our nice new training ground 8)

That is how i see it playing out also.

Bellamy - definitely not wanted at scouseland, a pretty good scoring record (better than SWP and comparable to Defoe), and can play in a 5 man midfield with Ashley/Petrov/RC and Barry, or in a two up front with Carew - SWP is too similar to Ashley (and Maloney)

Sneijder for me, with SWP a close second

but i'd be more than happy with any of them bar Harewood (who i probably wouldn't mind that much if he was our 6th or 7th signing, as a replacemnt for Sutton)

edit: oops i read the question wrong, i thought it was who would you want us to sign next.

Not a clue who our next signing will be, Jaaskelainen maybe

Although we may well nab SWP, apart from MON's statement that he wanted to come on loan in January, we have nothing concrete to say he wants to move to Villa on a permanent deal.

My money is on Jussi cos he's made no secret of the fact via his agent that he would love to come and play for the club

I selected SWP but you know, thinking about it that is probably more who I want to come next rather than who I think. It will probably be a less spectacular signing like Young or Jaaskelainen. The latter, by the way, would not be a 'bums on seats' player but would would be a cracking signing, IMO.

I can't believe anyone has selected no more unless it was a) by accident or B) a deliberate attempt to antagonise. If it's your genuine belief, you need your head looked at, seriously.

Basking in all the optimism of our classy new signing, I'll go for SWP. Why not? He'd be good for us and we'd be good for him. I hope our next one will be the opposite of the NRC saga. Reported, done and dusted within 24 hours. We deserve a couple of them after what we've endured, even if he is worth the wait!

Â