2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I think Dalian Wanda were said to have lost about 7 Billion from their valuation. So I'm presuming that the owner lost quite a bit from his personal wealth too. Maybe if the stock market over there makes a quick recovery something might happen, but I'm not sure how these things work to be honest.

I'd be stunned if any of the super rich folks involved in Dalian Wanda have their cash in their own stock. Thats like rule number 1 of being a massively rich bloke. Diversify you cash. 

Even 50 cent can get this right - he's filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in the US simply to protect his assests. 

If your a mega rich chinese bloke looking to drop £150m on an English football club, a couple of billion off your companies value makes no difference at all and IMO wouldn't impact the sale. 

Hodgson talks an awful lot of bollocks IMO. 

No shit Sherlock.

Oh sorry, you mentioned it rebalancing itself. So I wondered whether you mean to levels immediately prior to the crash, when the market was totally overvalued, or around the time the market really to surge in Dec/Jan?

Why apologise. Do you support the theory that a takeover was on and the Chinese crash prevented it?

Oh sorry, you mentioned it rebalancing itself. So I wondered whether you mean to levels immediately prior to the crash, when the market was totally overvalued, or around the time the market really to surge in Dec/Jan?

Why apologise. Do you support the theory that a takeover was on and the Chinese crash prevented it?

Not now, no.

Not now, no.

Fair dos, I don't know anything about stock markets.

Like I said it was more getting funds out of China. I've seen the evidence and it's in no way fabricated.

But, and I am no way ITK about how rich chinese behave, but, if you were seriously loaded and chinese, would all of your wealth be in the chinese currency and in china?

No. That's why the main backer didn't lose all his fortune.

I am genuinely dizzy. In your words, what is the takeover situation, describing who the buyer is/was and what you believe will happen - I ask because you have a knack of speaking sense but retaining optimism - which is where I would love to be.

My, these stories...10 out 10 for imagination though.

Pretty boring stories if made up. I'd give them 3/10 for imagination.

lol, tongue firmly in cheek of course.  I just love how they morph from one country to another, all with their own unique setting..circumstance and reasoning.

Like I said it was more getting funds out of China. I've seen the evidence and it's in no way fabricated.

But, and I am no way ITK about how rich chinese behave, but, if you were seriously loaded and chinese, would all of your wealth be in the chinese currency and in china?

It depends which funds you want to use doesn't it?

My, these stories...10 out 10 for imagination though.

Pretty boring stories if made up. I'd give them 3/10 for imagination.

lol, tongue firmly in cheek of course. I just love how they morph from one country to another, all with their own unique setting..circumstance and reasoning.

I find them quite uninspiring to the point I think they could be true! We need some proper stories!

If I am a billionaire and I wanted something all I need do is use my non-chinese funds to do it? No?

If I am a billionaire and I wanted something all I need do is use my non-chinese funds to do it? No?

It sounds like this takeover was a consortium though. So if one big backer had a lot of funds he wanted to move from China backed out it might have affected the whole deal.

I also have no idea what I'm talking about.

It sounds like this takeover was a consortium though. So if one big backer had a lot of funds he wanted to move from China backed out it might have affected the whole deal.

Good man, me neither.

Omariqy please reply, you are more than often on the money so please share where you are at.

A consortium made up of more countries than nato.

A consortium made up of more countries than nato.

Now we are starting to use our imagination ;)

Ok I don't want to say too much as I will get told off.  However, it was very close but they were always playing second fiddle to this other bid.  They were told by ML that the other bid was ahead in the race and further down the line.  The HH bid involved sourcing investment from China.  The main stumbling block was red tape in China.  It was becoming frustrating not least for the Chinese personnel involved.  These are money men who are used to getting their way and have lots of things going on at the same time.  As Trent said they see it as a business venture and a vehicle whereby they can make money via the exposure that it would give them.  However, they won't wait around forever and neither will RL.  There's still a chance but its small.  I think our best hope was the other bidder.

TF confirmed to HH that we are looking for a new chairman.  That seems to indicate nothing is close.  I think we will get sold at some point this season probaby not for several months yet.  All I know is that from what I saw and without breaching NDA this would've been fantastic for the club.  HH may receive pelters on here but I know how much he loves the Villa and he managed to get good people involved including Villa people.  I'm going to be honest I was suprised who he managed to get involved both here and in China but I've seen the evidence for myself.

I by complete chance heard rumours about Ian Taylor along with HH being the villa men involved with the chinese funded bid. I am sure HH loves the villa, anyone who still cares clearly does. I think that HH should just blumin spill it, to the extremes of any NDA, rather than behave like some uber class of villa fan. I appreciate his love for villa, he's a fan with business know how, but still a fan. While all this drama has gone on I do wonder what RL has up his sleeve.

Â