The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It struck me that in an odd way the team may have benefited from Lambert's fruitless possession game this season after all, as TS said, they were able to go short and long last night.

I agree with that.

Lambert's problem was always balance with us. He couldn't get everything right at once.

It struck me that in an odd way the team may have benefited from Lambert's fruitless possession game this season after all, as TS said, they were able to go short and long last night.

I agree with that.

Lambert's problem was always balance with us. He couldn't get everything right at once.

It seems, that there are more problems left by PL regime.

Did you see Fletch and Sav show last night (or what that idiotic name of the show sounds)? TS claimed, that he can not slate previous management, as it could be very easy, but his players have not been prepared very well (on fittness side) for the style and tempo of his preffered tactics. But just few seconds before re-thinking, he started the sentence something like his players are not fit enough but stopped and invented a better formula as stated in previous sentence.

Did anyone catch it?

Edited by Majkee

Based on his performance in BT Sports post match show, he seems to be very intelligent man and a good speaker too. I can see now, why he was a captain of his team (Blackburn it was  I think, or Spurs too?).

I like his banter with Hutton's stretch on Berahino's cob :)

I agree with that.

It seems, that there are more problems left by PL regime.

Did you see Fletch and Sav show last night (or what that idiotic name of the show sounds)? TS claimed, that he can not slate previous management, as it could be very easy, but his players have not been prepared very well (on fittness side) for the style and tempo of his preffered tactics. But just few seconds before re-thinking, he started the sentence something like his players are not fit enough but stopped and invented a better formula as stated in previous sentence.

Did anyone catch it?

Yep.

There may be something to it when you consider our awful record in the last 15 minutes of games too.

Sherwood has been here for 3 games and we have improved game on game hopefully this will continue. Fat Sam isn't a winner he drops excuses every time his teams get knocked out of cups but will always finish mid table ish. That's not good enough for us. Sherwood is talking about Europe already as in this season and trying to win the cup. That may be beyond us but let's have a go!

What is the problem between Big Sam and WHU fans? I did not catch it.

Despite only three PL points on board, the way and style of our play was highly watchable minus ten minutes of hoofing the ball against Newcastle. And this is TS work, no doubt. For me, his win ratio is 50% - yes I count 2nd half vs. Foxes as TS match too.

They don't like him because he plays a limited brand of football.

Ok, I have got it, they want him to play Barcelonasque football with Championship players.

WHU are big overachievers only thanks to Big Sam. We played limited football under MON too...

• Like 1

West Ham have a tradition of playing good football though, so Sam has never fitted in. I would never want him as our manager. I'm very happy with Tim Sherwood whether we stay up or not. 

Ok, I have got it, they want him to play Barcelonasque football with Championship players.

WHU are big overachievers only thanks to Big Sam. We played limited football under MON too...

I think West Ham's dislike of Big Sam is a bit extreme, but I don't blame them for wanting him out now.

One of the biggest failings of a lot of clubs, imo, is hanging onto managers for too long. Because they deserve it or just blind faith.

Look at us with MON, or Stoke with Pulis, or Arsenal with Wenger or potentially West Ham with Big Sam.

There's a real skill in knowing when your manager has hit his ceiling and making a change before they do any damage. Look at Southampton when they got Pochettino in for Adkins. Seemed madness at the time.

Big Sam is a very good manager. And I'd love him here. But he has a ceiling and that seems to be Europa League positions (ish).

West Ham are in an excellent position now, but the time may be perfect for them to get someone better in. Good league position, London club, new stadium round the corner, decent finances, lots of money on the horizon. It's an attractive proposition. An intelligent appointment now and letting Big Sam go could be a very good move for them.

Wet spam won the world cup remember.

I think West Ham's dislike of Big Sam is a bit extreme, but I don't blame them for wanting him out now.

One of the biggest failings of a lot of clubs, imo, is hanging onto managers for too long. Because they deserve it or just blind faith.

Look at us with MON, or Stoke with Pulis, or Arsenal with Wenger or potentially West Ham with Big Sam.

There's a real skill in knowing when your manager has hit his ceiling and making a change before they do any damage. Look at Southampton when they got Pochettino in for Adkins. Seemed madness at the time.

Big Sam is a very good manager. And I'd love him here. But he has a ceiling and that seems to be Europa League positions (ish).

West Ham are in an excellent position now, but the time may be perfect for them to get someone better in. Good league position, London club, new stadium round the corner, decent finances, lots of money on the horizon. It's an attractive proposition. An intelligent appointment now and letting Big Sam go could be a very good move for them.

Stevo, one of the best explanation I have ever read on any forum in my life. Really good job. Now, I understand, thank you.

Championship players? This is the best West Ham squad I can remember. Not overacheiving at all.

• Like 1

West Ham have a tradition of playing good football though, so Sam has never fitted in. I would never want him as our manager. I'm very happy with Tim Sherwood whether we stay up or not. 

From when? The '60s?

The "West Ham Way" is as big a myth as the bollocks about them winning the World Cup.  

• Like 3

Â