Formula One - 2015 edition

BOF

I'm keeping an eye on whether their issues are coolant-related. The back of their car is seemingly extremely tightly packaged, much to the curiosity of the opposition. Red Bull did something similar last year and ended up having cooling issues. I did hear the word 'coolant' being used in relation to McLaren yesterday but I think it was a leak as opposed to over-heating. Still though, it's not what they want. I'd be confident in Honda's ability to have a quick engine and also to get things sorted. I hope it doesn't take them the first quarter of the season though.

I don't think Honda are allowed to tinker with the engine though are they once they submit their design for the year? Its the same agreement that was in place for the other teams but has now been lifted for them as agreed. For Honda this is year one and to comply with what the other teams did last year they need to hope they are competitive from the start.

Honda have limited scope to work on the engine compared to the rest though

Given Honda have had 12 months to get the engine designed and running though its a bit poor only getting 50 laps in over 4 days

Edited by Jimzk5

So Force India are the sole team to have blocked Marussia's application to use last year's chassis this season. This is the same Force India who stand to benefit financially from Marussia not participating this season, by getting a share (1/3) of the prize money owed to Marussia for finishing 10th in the past 2 seasons. How the **** can a team with such a massively vested interest in the outcome have any say in that outcome. It stinks.

So Force India are the sole team to have blocked Marussia's application to use last year's chassis this season. This is the same Force India who stand to benefit financially from Marussia not participating this season, by getting a share (1/3) of the prize money owed to Marussia for finishing 10th in the past 2 seasons. How the **** can a team with such a massively vested interest in the outcome have any say in that outcome. It stinks.

Absolutely, when Caterham and Marussia went tits up last year force india were one of the few teams championing there cause, now there sticking the boot in to keep them out. Force India will only get a tenth of marussia's prize money too, the £30million will get divided between the 10 teams, so for £3million vj mallaya has just put a formula 1 team out of business.

Yeah I know it did. It was a lot of work though and now's not the best time so I'm going to have to pass on that I'm afraid. Never say never, but not 2015.

Â