Carles Gil

bose

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think Bacuna cares what I think. Nor should anyone who doesn't rate Grealish that highly. 

This is the Gil thread, not the thread where you get to ask me morality related questions! However suffice to say it's not as black and white as you are proposing, is it. There's more to it than Player A did this and Player B did that so they should be treated the same. Life doesn't work like that bud. 

I'm sure Bacuna cares that the fans are on his back and he would have a sense if he was being treated fairly or not.

Double standards does nothing but create disharmony and ultimately failure in football or any other area of life.

3 hours ago, UGC said:

Grealish has shown he can be a very good and big player for us. Bacuna has shown us all to be frustratingly shite and has just regressed and not developed since making his debut. Grealish has shown maturity in the pre season, I think we as the fans can appreciate his growth in character. So the fact he's younger, better and is one of our own means he gets are leighway might not be fair, but that's life.

Actually Bacuna has done more for us than Grealish. He played a big role in rescuing us from relegation the season before last. He also has shown more maturity in pre-season than Grealish knuckling down and getting on with the task in spite of more than harsh criticism from the fans.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You stopped reading my post after the first line didn't you?

No, I just think that sentence wraps up my view on the topic. I don't think there is much more to it. Even though life may not work like that in the whole it works best when it does. A fair and equal environment is a happy and prosperous one. 

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

No, I just think that sentence wraps up my view on the topic. I don't think there is much more to it. Even though life may not work like that in the whole it works best when it does. A fair and equal environment is a happy and prosperous one. 

Ok, well I'm not disagreeing with that.

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok, well I'm not disagreeing with that.

I just think there is no room for double standards when you are trying to build rapport within a group and that's essential to any kind of team success.

If there is something I am missing or you want me to address in more detail let me know.

Edited by Michael118

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

I just think there is no room for double standards when you are trying to build rapport and that's essential to any kind of team success.

If there is something that I am missing or you want me to address in more detail let me know.

No not at all. I am in full agreement and am not advocating double standards. 

Thanks for the offer though. 

Gil is in a better league and in a better team than us. Hope he do well so we can sell him on later. it's not surprising that a spanish player we hardly used wants to go back to Spain. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Actually Bacuna has done more for us than Grealish. He played a big role in rescuing us from relegation the season before last. He also has shown more maturity in pre-season than Grealish knuckling down and getting on with the task in spite of more than harsh criticism from the fans.

The season before last when Grealish came in and turned our season around? When we were playing through Delph, Benteke and Grealish and Bacuna was a make shift right back and effected very little. He didn't play a big role at all.

Knuckling down and getting on with the task? Is this task looking very poor for us in pre season? Jack has been a top performer in pre season whereas Bacuna has looked awful. Jack should rightfully get more leighway because he has shown to be about a million times better than Bacuna has and is a million times better as a player.

Edited by UGC

5 hours ago, UGC said:

The season before last when Grealish came in and turned our season around? When we were playing through Delph, Benteke and Grealish and Bacuna was a make shift right back and effected very little. He didn't play a big role at all.

Knuckling down and getting on with the task? Is this task looking very poor for us in pre season? Jack has been a top performer in pre season whereas Bacuna has looked awful. Jack should rightfully get more leighway because he has shown to be about a million times better than Bacuna has and is a million times better as a player.

The season before last when Bacuna was vital in supplying Benteke and had our most assists.

5 times the number of assists Grealish had playing from right back with 5 times less fanfare.

Edited by Michael118

15 hours ago, Michael118 said:

The season before last when Bacuna was vital in supplying Benteke and had our most assists.

5 times the number of assists Grealish had playing from right back with 5 times less fanfare.

Think if you actually looked at the games Grealish was a far bigger driving force for us and effected the games more than Bacuna did. Didn't he lose his place to Hutton for a few games after. Are you seriously arguing that Bacuna 1) played a bigger role in keeping us up than Grealish 2) is as good as Grealish??

22 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I dont remember them all but one of his assists was in a 1-6 defeat

8 hours ago, UGC said:

Think if you actually looked at the games Grealish was a far bigger driving force for us and effected the games more than Bacuna did. Didn't he lose his place to Hutton for a few games after. Are you seriously arguing that Bacuna 1) played a bigger role in keeping us up than Grealish 2) is as good as Grealish??

I watched all the games closely and Bacuna was much more instrumental in keeping us up than Grealish and the stats (which I'm not usually concerned with) back that up.

Which one is the better player is a matter of opinion. If we still had Gil and I was picking between the two it would be Bacuna without any hesitation. I think Grealish has potential but he has shown very little so far to warrant the hype.   

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont remember them all but one of his assists was in a 1-6 defeat

Yes it was and the others were in important wins. 2 in the away win at Sunderland, 1 in the away win at Tottenham and the other in the home win vs Everton.

8 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I watched all the games closely and Bacuna was much more instrumental in keeping us up than Grealish and the stats (which I'm not usually concerned with) back that up.

Which one is the better player is a matter of opinion. If we still had Gil and I was picking between the two it would be Bacuna without any hesitation. I think Grealish has potential but he has shown very little so far to warrant the hype.   

Completely disagree with everything you've said but no point arguing with you, we're not going to change each other's views.

Loaning Gil and then signing Morrison will be up there with the most foolish decisions we've made alongside selling Albrighton, Cahill and Davis, releasing Vlaar and Senderos, appointing Tim Sherwood, Ray Wilkins, Remi Garde, Eric Black and Roberto Di Matteo and not appointing Sam Allardyce when we had the opportunity. I could go on and on and the worst thing is I saw every one turning out the way it did when it happened. We continue digging our own graves and it's excruciating witnessing it unfold.

Edited by Michael118

Â