Sunday

Premiership

Super Sunday

Man Utd v Liverpool 1.30 SS1

Swansea v Spurs 4pm SS1

Match of the Day

MOTD 2 10.30

MOTD Extra 12.15

Town is going to be fun tomorrow afternoon, isn't it?   Baggies vs Villa and the Blues are at home.  Everybody will be going to the market to get tanked up before the game.  Could be, er, interesting. 

Bent was horrendous. Two sniffs at goal; one he put it miles wide from about 8 yards, the other was a typical chance for why he is in the team but he was well away from the ball. No link up play, just nothing. Why some Villa fans still think he's an answer to our goalscoring problems is beyond me.

• Like 3

He's always been a luxury player, put him in a good team with a decent midfield and he will score.  Put him in a poor team and he will be a passenger.  

He's always been a luxury player, put him in a good team with a decent midfield and he will score.  Put him in a poor team and he will be a passenger.  

I think it is more than that and has been for a couple of years, he has lost all hunger for the game and did so as soon as he had his 100 PL goals. Injuries have perhaps taken their toll but more than anything I think it is due to loss of hunger (insert joke here).

Think he got disillusioned here when we sold Young and Downing and then appointed McLeish.

I agree that he did.  I've got no problem with that if he had sulked about it for six months, the problem is he sulked about it for three years.  Get over it Darren. 

In other news in that game, Darren Bent still didn't manage a goal.

They just said on the Football League show that Brighton are playing with one up top and with attacking full backs to provide the chances. The problem is, however, is that they're not getting the full backs out quick enough or regularly enough. Why Hyppia thought Bent would be a good player to have in that system is anyone's guess.

In other news in that game, Darren Bent still didn't manage a goal.

They just said on the Football League show that Brighton are playing with one up top and with attacking full backs to provide the chances. The problem is, however, is that they're not getting the full backs out quick enough or regularly enough. Why Hyppia thought Bent would be a good player to have in that system is anyone's guess.

One of those attacking full backs is Joe Bennett....

Apparently Rodgers has dropped Minoglet and replaced him with Brad Jones today....

I don't rate Mingolet in so much as I simply don't think he's good enough for a top 6 club. He was fine at Sunderland. Brad Jones looked awful at Boro. No idea how he's lasted so long at Liverpool.

Liverpool not playing a striker.

Man Utd playing Wilson up front. (And Valencia/Young as full backs)

Worst line ups in this fixture for quite a while I think. But with the defences being equally bad, I still wouldn't rule out a few goals.

Â