What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

A friend who owned it had a much better memory than me. She came up with the goods. 

I'm curious about the identity of this one?

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A friend who owned it had a much better memory than me. She came up with the goods. 

Well, I have absolutely no recollection of that song.

To put that in context, I’ve seen The Questions live a few times and would have said I knew them fairly well. So I just did a quick discog and it would appear that after a couple of late 70’s releases they went in to hibernation and returned early 80’s as part of the Torch / Respond label, which is where I know them from. They were a lot less power pop a lot more funk pop by the time I was buying their records.

I’ll still have a few of their 80’s singles somewhere in some crate marked ‘hmmm’.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, I have absolutely no recollection of that song.

To put that in context, I’ve seen The Questions live a few times and would have said I knew them fairly well. So I just did a quick discog and it would appear that after a couple of late 70’s releases they went in to hibernation and returned early 80’s as part of the Torch / Respond label, which is where I know them from. They were a lot less power pop a lot more funk pop by the time I was buying their records.

I’ll still have a few of their 80’s singles somewhere in some crate marked ‘hmmm’.

In all fairness I was going to tag you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness I was going to tag you. 

I was trying to work out why I had so many of their records, they’re a bit more ‘Level 42’ than I can usually stomach.

I think they were basically one of those bands that were on the perpetual touring circuit, and I think I’d have been going along to see the likes of Big Sound Authority or Makin’ Time which were far more the power pop end of the market and these guys would have been on the same bill.

Where it’s got to the point of me buying their records, I think there was a definite ulterior motive. I’ve just listened to ‘Building On A Strong Foundation’ and some very happy memories have come back! Hey, it was the early 80’s, everyone had records set aside for lady’s night.

I had a copy of Club Tropicana, ffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was trying to work out why I had so many of their records, they’re a bit more ‘Level 42’ than I can usually stomach.

I think they were basically one of those bands that were on the perpetual touring circuit, and I think I’d have been going along to see the likes of Big Sound Authority or Makin’ Time which were far more the power pop end of the market and these guys would have been on the same bill.

Where it’s got to the point of me buying their records, I think there was a definite ulterior motive. I’ve just listened to ‘Building On A Strong Foundation’ and some very happy memories have come back! Hey, it was the early 80’s, everyone had records set aside for lady’s night.

I had a copy of Club Tropicana, ffs.

Now as soon as this conference call is over This House by Big Sound Authority is going on. 

• Like 1

If you like hip hop, and you haven't heard this track by Cormega, this is hop hop.

Cormega fell out with Nas and so never really got the same moment in the limelight, Cormega was the better rapper, for me.

I suppose many, many talented hip hop artists never make it, and that's why it's called underground. With what the industry has done with commercial rap, best it stays that way too.

Anyway, Cormega...

• Thanks 1

Â