What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

90s rap. Getting a bit nostalgic... except I didn't really listen to this back in the 90s. I had 2pac's All Eyez On Me, some Cypress Hill and Beastie Boys and a record by Nas and that was about it.. been listening to a bit of everthing lately. Westside Connections hits the spot! Any recommandations as to what I can check out? Consider me a complete noob.

53 minutes ago, tarjei said:

90s rap. Getting a bit nostalgic... except I didn't really listen to this back in the 90s. I had 2pac's All Eyez On Me, some Cypress Hill and Beastie Boys and a record by Nas and that was about it.. been listening to a bit of everthing lately. Westside Connections hits the spot! Any recommandations as to what I can check out? Consider me a complete noob.

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is probably my favourite 90s Hip Hop album. That would be my starting place. Other albums of note:

A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

OutKast - Aquemini

Mobb Deep - The Infamous

Gang Starr - Moment of Truth

Talib Kweli & DJ Hi-Tek - Reflection Eternal

The Roots - Things Fall Apart

De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead

Probably loads more that I'll probably remember over the day, and regret not mentioning. 90s was a golden era for Rap and Hip Hop.

• Like 1

Oh nice, that great stuff. Pete Rock & CL Smooth I'm already familiar with. I don't remember why.. I might have had a 90s rap moment a few years back too and had that one recommended here. I've got that album right here.Those other two are new to me though and they sound **** great right off the bat!!

I remember that first one...Sofa King Stupid. I checked out Mf Doom after that, but nothing really stood out. Got a bit lost in the jungle though, so many different names and albums.

Â