What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

into

I've always had a soft spot for Iron and Wine so coming across these collaborations with Calexico (who I know nothing of, may fix that) is great. Not the most complex music or anything, but always mellow and always touching.

Not bad for a music teacher.

into

I've always had a soft spot for Iron and Wine so coming across these collaborations with Calexico (who I know nothing of, may fix that) is great. Not the most complex music or anything, but always mellow and always touching.

Not bad for a music teacher.

Their cover of Love Vigilantes (New Order) is great

Their cover of Love Vigilantes (New Order) is great

Hadn't heard that, cheers. Very good. It's not so much 'their' as 'his' cover though, just the one guy, Sam Beam.

I never like it when a solo artist takes on a 'band' name, it makes referring to them a pain in the arse. 'Iron and Wine are playing tonight' or 'Iron and Wine is playing tonight'? 'Is' is more correct, 'are' sounds better given the name...

On Dark Night of the Soul as well, I'm not that enamoured with it. I think it's good, better than most things, but I was expecting something genuinely brilliant and it doesn't quite hit that for me. Especially with Lynch involved. Might need more listens but not holding out much hope.

Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Revenge

From the excellent Dark Night of the Soul album, imo one of the best albums of the last few years.

I aint been released yet though :mrgreen:

Agreed though, great album :nod:

It's out for (official) download now mate.

***EDIT*** Just noticed Dave already mentioned that.

into

Rolling Stones - Shattered

into

Van Halen - Dreams

Triumph, lol.

I had that CASSETTE, haha.

And I saw them in concert, too. :lol:

Is that Derek Smalls on bass?

Â