What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Fear Factory - New Breed (Spoetnik Mix) (in my defence this particular mix isn´t my usual choice, but i´ve got them all on shuffle so anything goes)

Ha! In fairness, there are some much worse FF remixes than that - but then there are some pretty atrocious ones.

Me, I'm listening to:

Eminem - Kill You

Ugh, Razorsh1te.

Such a witty play on words. But really was there any need?

Not really. Don't be so touchy tho', no harm meant ! :thumb:

Have you SEEN some of the stuff I've admitted to !

Been listening to REM quite a bit lately, for the first time in ages. Again, I find that Shiny Happy People is probably my favourite.

... and yet it's Michael Stipe's least favourite of theirs. He hates it. My favourite REM has to be Losing My Religion.

Been listening to REM quite a bit lately, for the first time in ages. Again, I find that Shiny Happy People is probably my favourite.

... and yet it's Michael Stipe's least favourite of theirs. He hates it. My favourite REM has to be Losing My Religion.

Losing My Religion is brilliant, obviously. It's just the irony of Shiny Happy People that really touches the little nerdy guy inside me. I don't know why Stipe would hate it, but then again you often find that songwriters can't stand some of their most popular tunes. Thinking about it, I think Stipe may dislike it so much because the song has been so massively misinterprated by so many people.

AFAIK he just hates the happy boppy beat of it which is different to pretty much everything else he has written.

Well, that's really what I like the most about it. So up-beat on the surface, but the lyrics are really, really sarcastic and satirical.

Losing My Religion is brilliant, obviously. It's just the irony of Shiny Happy People that really touches the little nerdy guy inside me. I don't know why Stipe would hate it, but then again you often find that songwriters can't stand some of their most popular tunes. Thinking about it, I think Stipe may dislike it so much because the song has been so massively misinterprated by so many people.

its not just Michael that hates it, its the whole band

And yes as a fan of REM I have to say it probably is their worst ever single, in fact I've always found it totally cringeworthy

Perhaps they were temporarily possessed by that insufferable (B52's) Kate Pierson. Even today 'Love Shack' is right up there amongst my absolute most hated songs ever.

Â