Paul Lambert

limpid

Is he balls. I've got a foot in the 'out' camp but there's no way that you can say that about him - if anything he's one of the unluckiest when you look at things like injuries, bullshit red cards etc.

All teams suffer from the above. They just have managers who cope.

There's no denying that Lambert has had very bad luck with injuries but you have to question his centre half signings this year. We started with Clark who in my opinion is just not good enough. Baker and Vlaar who are very injury prone and Okore who missed an entire season. He signed one new centre half again with a very bad injury record. Now he is not to know that all his players would get injured at the same time but based on injury records the chances were high.

But anyway Injuries and bad luck aside, surely 3 seasons is enough to form a fair opinion on a manager?

If some on here had their way we'd be have 10 CBs in the first team.

There's no denying that Lambert has had very bad luck with injuries but you have to question his centre half signings this year. We started with Clark who in my opinion is just not good enough. Baker and Vlaar who are very injury prone and Okore who missed an entire season. He signed one new centre half again with a very bad injury record. Now he is not to know that all his players would get injured at the same time but based on injury records the chances were high.

But anyway Injuries and bad luck aside, surely 3 seasons is enough to form a fair opinion on a manager?

Not really sure this is true, is it Mantis?

It was a light-hearted comment based on the fact that you often hear complaints about how Lambert supposedly didn't buy enough fit CBs. That said, I do get the impression that some would like us to have about 7 which is just ridiculous.

Luck doesn't come into it. We are where we deserve to be, and that's just above the relegation spots. We're shite, but not as shite as the other teams below us.

I saw a table yesterday which showed our form since the new contract, we are the worst team in the league. Thank god for the 'luck' in the first four games, otherwise we'd be bottom.

Edited by DK82
  • Like 1

It was a light-hearted comment based on the fact that you often hear complaints about how Lambert supposedly didn't buy enough fit CBs. That said, I do get the impression that some would like us to have about 7 which is just ridiculous.

Fair enough. But buying fit players and playing them are two different things. After all we all (mostly) wished for better left backs, it doesn't mean we want a team full of them.

It wasn't a complaint it was an observation. Of course Lambert wasn't to know our main centre halves would be injured all season but the last 2,3 seasons suggested it was likely.

Luck doesn't come into it. We are where we deserve to be, and that's just above the relegation spots. We're shite, but not as shite as the other teams below us.

I saw a table yesterday which showed our form since the new contract, we are the worst team in the league. Thank god for the 'luck' in the first four games, otherwise we'd be bottom.

"Luckily" the season started in August.

That bloody Lambert. So lucky, even the calendar is on his side!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Unusual sarcasm from you there mate.

Instead Lambert has 10 players in the first team he treats like CBs

• Like 1

Fair enough. But buying fit players and playing them are two different things. After all we all (mostly) wished for better left backs, it doesn't mean we want a team full of them.

Our CB options are fine. 5 first team CBs is about the same as most teams have.

Even if 3 of them normally spend on average half a season injured?

Except they don't.

I think our CBs is one of the only things he got right.

Clark has had a great season. Okore has looked very strong since he got into the team. Vlaar, Baker and Senderos have all played well when fit.

All 5 of our CBs have been good. We haven’t conceded too many goals relative to our league position.  Besides the shellacking by Arsenal our defence has not been our problem.

Our problems start a little further up the pitch!

• Like 2

Unusual sarcasm from you there mate.

The use of the word "luck" gets on my tits.

As usual it's the negative people saying we're lucky to win games, and the positive people claiming we're unlucky to lose games.

it's bollocks. At the end of the season you end up where you deserve to be. If you go down you can't blame luck. You're shit. If you stay up then you deserve to stay up. We've deserved to stay up the last couple of seasons. That's no great compliment to the team or to Lambert. We've been slightly less crap than 3 other teams.

When people start banding "luck" around it undermines their credibility. It seems that plenty of people are demanding stats and "detailed justification" to back up opinions (especially positive ones). Yet people then start throwing luck into the equation as a stick to beat Lambert with.

it's utter nonsense.

• Like 4

Except they don't.

You sure about that? Please don't make me look up number of games played by our centre halves during past 3 seasons in relation to games played by the team.

I will if I must though ;)

You sure about that? Please don't make me look up number of games played by our centre halves during past 3 seasons in relation to games played by the team.

I will if I must though ;)

Games not played doesn't equate to games out injured.

Vlaar wasn't out for anything close to half of the season in the past two seasons and neither has Baker. The two are injury-prone yes but saying they spend half the season injured is simply wrong.

I don't know about Senderos as I didn't follow him at Fulham but again, appearances aren't really that helpful in determining how often a player has been injured.

Edited by Mantis

Â