Paul Lambert

limpid

So far this season is no better than last season, in fact looking purely at statistics it could be considered slightly worse. We have 10 points from our first 7 games and a -5 goal difference whereas last season we had a +1 goal difference. The only positive is that we are currently 1 place higher in the league. Our next 2 games against Everton and QPR (2 teams languishing in or around the relegation zone) will hopefully give an indication on whether the current team assembled by Lambert is capable of actually playing football, scoring some goals and putting some points on the board.

I agree with most of that.

Also, if West Ham win today (they are 1-0 up at present) we'll be 10th and we were 10th at the same stage last season. Although we're scoring less and conceding more!

Agreed. I know we have just played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City but last season, in the corresponding fixtures, we scored a total of 5 goals against these teams and conceded 6 and managed to secure 3 points. This season we have scored 0 and conceded 8 and have 0 points from it.

In the first 7 games last season we played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Hull and Norwich. Replace Norwich with Stoke and we've had very similar games.

We've scored less, we've conceded more. We still don't control games, we struggle to pass and we don't get nearly enough shots on target.

We need to do better - in fact Lambert needs to do better.

Benteke and Vlaar returning should help but the style of play needs to changes IMO to yield better results (over a long period) and also get back supporters who have got bored from watching us play.

Difficult to see the progress really.

People are dreaming if they think this team under Lambert is in anything other than in a relegation scrap this year. 

Those arguing that possession stats mean nothing don't know what they're talking about. I'll tell you why it's so important - it's because you get more knackered. Not just over a game but over the course of a season. 

All this huff and puff BS were dishing out whilst chasing shadows will haunt us again, just like last season. 

Just like our banking system, nothing's really been fixed.

People are dreaming if they think this team under Lambert is in anything other than in a relegation scrap this year.

Those arguing that possession stats mean nothing don't know what they're talking about. I'll tell you why it's so important - it's because you get more knackered. Not just over a game but over the course of a season.

All this huff and puff BS were dishing out whilst chasing shadows will haunt us again, just like last season.

So if people have a differing opinion to yourself, they don't know what they're talking about? Okay then

I don't think the players are capable of playing any other way

I don't buy that, we have added Senderos, Cissokho, Cleverley, Richardson and Sanchez and resurrected the Villa careers of Hutton and Bent so unless Lambert goes out and only gets players that can play this low possession, low shots on target, backs to the wall football then the problem lies not with the players but with the methods employed.

• Like 1

So if people have a differing opinion to yourself, they don't know what they're talking about? Okay then

Instead of expressing how your feelings have been hurt why don't  you argue the point - Do you become more knackered chasing the ball or having it?

• Like 1

Instead of expressing how your feelings have been hurt why don't  you argue the point - Do you become more knackered chasing the ball or having it?

My feelings haven't been hurt, sorry to disappoint :)

Well avoided.

Well avoided.

Nothing has been avoided, why do I need to argue that point? Because you say so? I may well have discussed the point but I'm not here to argue on the internet and I'm not one to succumb to being told what to do, especially on an internet forum. Sorry mate.

I don't buy that, we have added Senderos, Cissokho, Cleverley, Richardson and Sanchez and resurrected the Villa careers of Hutton and Bent so unless Lambert goes out and only gets players that can play this low possession, low shots on target, backs to the wall football then the problem lies not with the players but with the methods employed.

Well something ain't right. After two years in charge we have no real identity of how we play. Is counter attack all we are about?

• Like 1

Well something ain't right. After two years in charge we have no real identity of how we play. Is counter attack all we are about?

I'd definitely say counter attack is a major part of our game, it will be interesting to see how things change when we're against QPR for example, who will probably sit back and leave us to try break them down.

I'd definitely say counter attack is a major part of our game, it will be interesting to see how things change when we're against QPR for example, who will probably sit back and leave us to try break them down.

As QPR are at home and in a bit of a mess down the bottom I expect them to go looking for the 3 points especially against us who they have probably targeted as one of the teams that they can get 3 points from.

As QPR are at home and in a bit of a mess down the bottom I expect them to go looking for the 3 points especially against us who they have probably targeted as one of the teams that they can get 3 points from.

They've got Liverpool first and I can't see them winning that - you could be right but I wouldn't be surprised if they simply try to stop the rot a little. They need any point they can get right now. 

Everton Away, QPR Away, Tottenham Home, West Ham Away. Still tough fixtures IMO, think I'd be happy with 6 points from them, although I agree we'll certainly see a better representation of how we will play this season.

Well avoided.

Nothing has been avoided, why do I need to argue that point? Because you say so? I may well have discussed the point but I'm not here to argue on the internet and I'm not one to succumb to being told what to do, especially on an internet forum. Sorry mate.

If you don't expect a retort, don't take the post on in the first place.

The original post was my opinion. Of course, to save time, I don't bother with putting IMO in front or behind each post, so I leave it in my sig instead.

Â