Paul Lambert

limpid

If you read my previous comment that I made at 12.28 then no I don't think Mourinho would have signed the same player's. But with financial constraints I don't think Mourinho would be doing so well at Villa.

Most clubs he's been at he's always had money. 

With those financial constraints most managers ( the ones that know what they are doing ) would not take the job in the first place.

The fact that Lambert took the job with those conditions shows the extent of his knowledge of Football and the Premier League.

This comment amuses me if I'm reading it right. Basically you are saying he's an inept manager because he accepted the job knowing that the financial constraints we're nearly impossible?

So therefore, whoever gets the job next is useless the second they say "I'll take the job"...

If the same conditions apply, then yes.

What I am trying to say is.

1- The Premier League is supposed to be the toughest league in europe.   How can you hope to compete with that sort of money.

2- The Premier League is the top division in England.   How can you hope to stay in it if you only buy players from lower divisions.

3- It takes a brave man to admit that he cant do a job but with those conditions you are not admitting failure just that it can not be done under those conditions.

4- If I applied for the job I would have to say " I can manage a football club BUT not under those conditions.

Finally. I would be surprised if even Mourinho,Fergy,Van Gal, or anyone else of that calibur could do any better ( under those conditions )

So the bottom line is:Change the conditions or dont take the job.

Mourinho, unquestionably a world class manager, would have undoubtedly become a broken man &  hounded out of Villa Park by the Solomonic & wise after the event fan base with his reputation in tatters.

He would have been accused of being tactically inept, totally unable to either identify or motivate players & practically every fan would claim they didn't want him in the first place. All this despite several of his major & influential purchases being out injured all season.

You should be on stage. You are wise and have the gift.  :)

Yes Mr Pacbuddies - The same gift as every body else on this forum. Perfect Hind sight. :)

Mourinho, unquestionably a world class manager, would have undoubtedly become a broken man &  hounded out of Villa Park by the Solomonic & wise after the event fan base with his reputation in tatters.

He would have been accused of being tactically inept, totally unable to either identify or motivate players & practically every fan would claim they didn't want him in the first place. All this despite several of his major & influential purchases being out injured all season.

Yes Mr Pacbuddies - The same gift as every body else on this forum. Perfect Hind sight. :)

I am cursed with foresight as I could see the sh*t coming way back in October/November. Can you recommend a good therapist?  :)

He would have been accused of being tactically inept, totally unable to either identify or motivate players & practically every fan would claim they didn't want him here in the first place. All this despite several of his major & influential purchases being out injured all season.

Once departed he would probably show up on the door step of Boing Boggies Albyun & lead them to their first ever Premier League title.

Get the picture?

I think that Mourinho or any other manager with a bit of pride would have walked once it became clear he wasn't up to the task or if he wasn't given the funds he was promised by the owner.

Seeing as this is Lamberts first big payday he'll gladly stay another season even if everything he aimed to do when he came here has turned out an utter failure.

Don't think there are many clubs out there willing to give him £2m a year.

I am cursed with foresight as I could see the sh*t coming way back in October/November. Can you recommend a good therapist?  :)

Yes. Try a guy called Paul Lambert. ;) .

Thank you. Will he be able to convince me that all is okay and that the future is bright even when I am convinced we are doomed?  :o

Thank you. Will he be able to convince me that all is okay and that the future is bright even when I am convinced we are doomed?  :o

He'll even be able to make you go again

• Like 1

I feel better already.

Who knows. I suggest you speak to his secretary & book your good self an appointment as I believe there is a waiting list of approx 35,000 at present. ;)

Villa-revolution How has Lambert been hounded out? There have been no protests about him, very few (if any) signs up at games, and for the whole the fans have backed the team. Hell even after a drab 0-0 with Southampton the players were clapped off the pitch. If that is being hounded out then god help the world.

Yes there have been some boos after very poor performances but that is part and parcel of the professional game.. Wenger was getting booed when we beat them.

• Like 1

See Pacbuddies. Sne his one of his patients & he has made him "Go Again"

Take a bow Sne son. Take a bow! :) 

• Like 1

Who knows. I suggest you speak to his secretary & book your good self an appointment as I believe there is a waiting list of approx 35,000 at present. ;)

Joins massive queue

article-2227180-15CD45BB000005DC-493_634

• Like 1

Joins massive queue

Pity you never joined the queue  before 30th April as you would have qualified for a 10% discount. Those depicted in that queue had the foresight from their on going therapy with Mr Lambert to do just that.

Winning the last 3 games will put fans back on his side. But it ain't happening... he's gone.

You reckon?

It will take a lot more than winning 3 games on the spin to get the majority of fans back on his side. Remember, we aren't fickle!  :D

I think so yeah.

I think if we beat Hull, Man City and Spurs a lot of fans would be willing to give him another chance. 

But the fact is, we're not going to do that :

TBF if Lambert stayed and bought a few quality players fans would start the new season behind him but he'd be on very short leash. At the moment I can't wait for the season to end but i know after a couple of days I'll miss it and a few signings and I'll be as positive as ever about next season. My hope for Saturday is we win and Lerner comes on to the pitch an announces our sale to a trillionaire. That's my Walter Mitty moment though!

Joins massive queue

Pity you never joined the queue  before 30th April as you would have qualified for a 10% discount. Those depicted in that queue had the foresight from their on going therapy with Mr Lambert to do just that.

10% off f*ck all is not very appealing.

Joins massive queue

10% off f*ck all is not very appealing.

You'll think a lot differently once you've had your initial therapy .with Mr Lambert.

I think Mourinho could have somehow managed wins against Bradford over 2 legs Sheffield United and Millwall

Wenger couldn't against Bradford either (and they have also lost to lower league sides - as it  is a god given right to beat lower league teams) -- so he must be as shite as Lambert if you are basing it on Bradford - also remember - better Villa sides and managers than the current lot also lost to lower league teams - even after we won the league european  cup and super cup. Shit happens but what the F**k do I know - maybe it's different for Lambert and this team.

• Like 3

Solomonic & wise after the event fan base

You seem to talking down to those fans that could see what was happening. You shouldn't really judge others based on your need for undying support of Paul Lambert and lack of football knowledge.

Mourinho, unquestionably a world class manager, would have undoubtedly become a broken man & hounded out of Villa Park by the Solomonic & wise after the event fan base with his reputation in tatters.

He would have been accused of being tactically inept, totally unable to either identify or motivate players & practically every fan would claim they didn't want him here in the first place. All this despite several of his major & influential purchases being out injured all season.

Once departed he would probably show up on the door step of Boing Boggies Albyun & lead them to their first ever Premier League title.

Get the picture?

Some how I doubt Lambert will leave Villa and go on to do great things but I guess only time will tell.

By he way I may be wrong but I don't think Mourinho actually spent that much in his earlier days as manager for Porto and Leiria.

Â