Paul Lambert

limpid

Its quite simple really.Just look at where we finished the last 2 seasons and where we are going to finish this season and it is obvoius Mc Stupid and Lambert are both useless.

It's called working on a budget, something that he did at Norwich which is a big part of why he was hired. Why do some people find this so hard to comprehend? If he was a half-decent scout, he might have spent his £40m better. The belief that if you give every manager £40m, they will produce exactly the same results is becoming extremely tedious now, it has to be said.

He's spent at least half of the budget well, which is probably a better ratio than most managers.
This is all in your opinion of course and I'd kindly disagree.

Benteke + Vlaar + Bacuna = ~£11m = roughly a quarter of his budget. Also on what basis would a 50% budget success-rate be some sort of success and "better than most other managers"?

I have to wonder whether in the constant rush to defend the manager, his apologists actually think through what they are typing.

In my opinion it boils down to him making one superb signing which has ultimately kept us up for 2 seasons. Overall the rest has been pretty pathetic.
Agree. Most of his signings are woeful and the next manager will have to cull most of this squad due to the fact that most of Lambert's "young and hungry" players are actually pretty crap and shouldn't be playing at this level. Other than Benteke, Guzan, Vlaar and Bacuna are the only others that I would classify as successes. With the later, that is mainly down to the nominal fee paid. Okore may well prove to be a good signing but we can't say one way or the other at the moment.

I'd say he's spent well on the following

Benteke £7 mil

Vlaar £3 mil

Kozak £5 mil

Bacuna £1 mil

Okore £3 mil

The rest for me are decent signings for the money and will be good squad players once he adds the quality he wants so I'd say these are well spent

Kea £2 mil

Westwood £2 mil

Lowton £2 mil

Bennett £2 mil

So that's £25 mil well spent in my opinion of course. The rest can be classed as poor signings that will be moved on.

These figures were off the top of my head and sorry if they were posted in a rush!

Its quite simple really.Just look at where we finished the last 2 seasons and where we are going to finish this season and it is obvoius Mc Stupid and Lambert are both useless.

If Mourinho was in charge the last 2 years and had to manage the exact same players do you honestly think Villa would be challenging for Europe....I don't. Mourinho is obviously a better manager them Lambert and McClown, but I think a huge part of a teams success is the players on the pitch, and too often the management get blamed. It's easy to get rid of 1 man, but no so easy to get rid of 15 or 16 players. 

• Like 1

If Mourinho was in charge the last 2 years and had to manage the exact same players do you honestly think Villa would be challenging for Europe....I don't. Mourinho is obviously a better manager them Lambert and McClown, but I think a huge part of a teams success is the players on the pitch, and too often the management get blamed. It's easy to get rid of 1 man, but no so easy to get rid of 15 or 16 players. 

If Mourinho was in charge we wouldent have these exact same players.He would have bought better ones and he would not do ALL his shopping in the lower leagues.Mourinho also knows what is happening on the field and would adjust the tactics accordingly.Do you really think that Mourinho would start Weirmann every game ? Do you really think that Mourinho would play 3 up front with the strikers we have ? With our woeful home record do you really think that Mourinho would not have tried to change SOMETHING in our home games.

When Lambert took over from McStupid we were flirting with relegation.........guess what  after 4 transfer windows and 2 seasons we are STILL flirting with relegation.

Talk about stagnating

You liked my post, and then quoted and disagreed with it. I'm a bit confused. But you are right in the fact that Mourinho would have signed different players and would have done more to improve the home record. 

I think Mourinho could have somehow managed wins against Bradford over 2 legs Sheffield United and Millwall

Though he couldn't manage a win at Villa Park :)

So quite similar to Lambert then. ;)

• Like 3

Just looking at the team with the worst form in the league Newcastle United

Relieved were not playing them in our cup game we all know under the current leadership that we give away free wins to any side that is struggling

It's a shame we can't play ourselves maybe we would win for a change

Edited by AshVilla

Do you think Mourinho would have bought the dross that Lambert has bought? I don't think so.

If you read my previous comment that I made at 12.28 then no I don't think Mourinho would have signed the same player's. But with financial constraints I don't think Mourinho would be doing so well at Villa.

Most clubs he's been at he's always had money. 

Edited by Voinjama

If you read my previous comment that I made at 12.28 then no I don't think Mourinho would have signed the same player's. But with financial constraints I don't think Mourinho would be doing so well at Villa.

With those financial constraints most managers ( the ones that know what they are doing ) would not take the job in the first place.

The fact that Lambert took the job with those conditions shows the extent of his knowledge of Football and the Premier League.

If you read my comments on the forum I am pro Lambert, yes I know I'm in the minority of about 10. I would like the club to give him this summer and next season to sort things out. 

With those financial constraints most managers ( the ones that know what they are doing ) would not take the job in the first place.

The fact that Lambert took the job with those conditions shows the extent of his knowledge of Football and the Premier League.

This comment amuses me if I'm reading it right. Basically you are saying he's an inept manager because he accepted the job knowing that the financial constraints we're nearly impossible?

So therefore, whoever gets the job next is useless the second they say "I'll take the job"...

Mourinho, unquestionably a world class manager, would have undoubtedly become a broken man &  hounded out of Villa Park by the Solomonic & wise after the event fan base with his reputation in tatters.

He would have been accused of being tactically inept, totally unable to either identify or motivate players & practically every fan would claim they didn't want him here in the first place. All this despite several of his major & influential purchases being out injured all season.

Once departed he would probably show up on the door step of Boing Boggies Albyun & lead them to their first ever Premier League title.

Get the picture?

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

Then the new guy comes in, we struggle near the bottom and we have a 500 + page thread on him too

Different name, same shit. 

A change is as good as a rest.  :)

Mourinho, unquestionably a world class manager, would have undoubtedly become a broken man &  hounded out of Villa Park by the Solomonic & wise after the event fan base with his reputation in tatters.

He would have been accused of being tactically inept, totally unable to either identify or motivate players & practically every fan would claim they didn't want him in the first place. All this despite several of his major & influential purchases being out injured all season.

You should be on stage. You are wise and have the gift.  :)

• Like 1

Â