Paul Lambert

limpid

Potentially it leads to relegation if we make a bad choice, and the good choices would tell Lerner to shove it.

Oh yes, no manager in his right mind would work under such awful restrictions.

"Stubbornness" has got **** all to do with it. In my opinion finishing higher in the league shows some degree of improvement.

Not everyone is going to share your opinions. Get over it. Intelligence and stubbornness don't even come into it.

It has everything to do with stubborness I'm afraid. Points represent the results over a season. Therefore a team which finishes with 50 points has had more successful results than a team with 40 points for example. This isn't opinion, it is fact. So if we finish with less points than last season we have had less successful results over this season than lasy. Very simple really.

• Like 1

"Stubbornness" has got **** all to do with it. In my opinion finishing higher in the league shows some degree of improvement.

Not everyone is going to share your opinions. Get over it. Intelligence and stubbornness don't even come into it.

It has everything to do with stubborness I'm afraid. Points represent the results over a season. Therefore a team which finishes with 50 points has had more successful results than a team with 40 points for example. This isn't opinion, it is fact. So if we finish with less points than last season we have had less successful results over this season than lasy. Very simple really.

Not sure what the argument is about, but this is correct.

• Like 2

Potentially it leads to relegation if we make a bad choice, and the good choices would tell Lerner to shove it.

'Potentially' being the key word. It can also 'potentially' result in say, a top-half finish.

Not at all. On their own points are mostly meaningless. What gets you relegated one season could get you 12th another. I'm not disputing that more points means better results overall but what you have to remember is that the league is fluid and all teams are changing all the time. What ultimately matters is that you finish as high as you can - that's what leagues are for. Are you honestly telling me that you wouldn't take finishing higher over getting more points?

How you interpret the whole points vs position debate is opinion, so cut this condescending "I am right you're just stubborn" attitude.

Edited by Mantis

I'm pleased to see you think all these terrible signings of Lambert's are capable of a top half finish, Isa.

Amo69: Don't be silly now. A decent manager isn't going to take Lerner's 2 million a year and the road to career oblivion when he can take somebody else's 2 m a year.

He's right

I'm pleased to see you think all these terrible signings of Lambert's are capable of a top half finish, Isa.

Amo69: Don't be silly now. A decent manager isn't going to take Lerner's 2 million a year and the road to career oblivion when he can take somebody else's 2 m a year.

He will be gone in the summer my friends. Mark my words.

Yep. No way can this shit continue.

It probably will if the financial restrictions remain, regardless of who is manager.

• Like 1

He's right

I actually agree with Mantis with league position. You could win the league one year and come second the year later on a lot less points. Or visa versa.

To me points or positions are irrelevant when you are talking about one or two places or a few points here and there. Improvement can be seen by how the team is playing as a whole and there is little to no improvement from last season. This is clear to see.

It probably will if the financial restrictions remain, regardless of who is manager.

Yep, we aren't suddenly going to become cash rich, and spend money on players of a much higher quality.

• Like 2

All this amazing confidence that Lambert's going to go is quite laughable really.

Lambert is doing badly because of things beyond his control. You/we might not be able to grasp that, but Randy Lerner most certainly will.

How come Pulis is doing a good job then?  And Wigan won the FA Cup last year?

The least I expect is for us to look in some way organised and to try to compete.  Too often in the last 2 years that hasn't been the case.  For every Chelsea at home or Liverpool away there have been 4 results like Fulham, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Sheffield United, West Ham, Bradford, etc.

• Like 2

All this amazing confidence that Lambert's going to go is quite laughable really.

Lambert is doing badly because of things beyond his control. You/we might not be able to grasp that, but Randy Lerner most certainly will.

I don't think anybody can deny there are certain things beyond Lambert that are causing major problems for the club. However, looking at some of our performances over this season, I feel he is under performing with the way he sets the team up.

Â