Paul Lambert

limpid

We finished last season on 41 points. It's very difficult to see us getting that many again this year now, even if we do just about manage to avoid being sucked into the relegation fight proper. I understand the constraints Lambert is working under, but I don't think he's been able to build a good enough side even considering that. Not at all.

Guys if we are being honest. We all know he has to go in the summer.

Speak for yourself.

There are always exceptions.

Poll mods?

I think there are probably quite a few exceptions in this instance. Just because you think Lambert should go in the summer doesn't mean everyone else does.

Wrong man. Lerner has to go in the summer, you know it and I do too.

He doesn't necessarily need to go, he just needs to invest more.

• Like 1

I would personally prefer any substantial investment to be done by somebody else. I think many agree.

I would personally prefer any substantial investment to be done by somebody else. I think many agree.

Why exactly? I mean, the issue here is about investment is it not?

Why exactly? I mean, the issue here is about investment is it not?

I don't know but do we want another MON style situation when a manager buys a lot of average players, gets sacked, then new manager wants them all out.

I think investment aside we've not seen enough from the manager tactically or for bringing out the best in his players for him to be cut out for the job.

Say what you want about MON's signings but at least he had the ability to get the best out of average players.

Surely Mantis finishing say 17th on 37 points (so a lower league position AND points then McLeish managed) has to be a sackable offence? It's not just a run of bad games, it's the whole seasons effort.

I think that's a strong possibility now. I'm not going dramatic and saying we will lose every game as we won't but without Benteke's influence and the defence in a really bad state again that's not a good mix for attempting to win games. Think we'll get another 3 draws this season but I don't expect much more than that.

Surely Mantis finishing say 17th on 37 points (so a lower league position AND points then McLeish managed) has to be a sackable offence? It's not just a run of bad games, it's the whole seasons effort.

I think that's a strong possibility now. I'm not going dramatic and saying we will lose every game as we won't but without Benteke's influence and the defence in a really bad state again that's not a good mix for attempting to win games. Think we'll get another 3 draws this season but I don't expect much more than that.

I still wouldn't sack him on that basis. I think we need stability and most of all more investment in the team. If Lambert gets it but we're still in this position this time next year then I'd get rid.

I still wouldn't sack him on that basis. I think we need stability and most of all more investment in the team. If Lambert gets it but we're still in this position this time next year then I'd get rid.

And if we go down this season?

Couldn't we have just kept McLeish for the sake of stability when he kept us up on 38 points then?

Probably, but ONLY if we could actually get somebody better in.

Problem with the managerial situation is the horrific injury problems we've had this season and the lack of investment have made things less clear cut. That isn't to say that Lambert doesn't have many flaws and that he shouldn't shoulder a portion of the blame for what has happened, I just think it's hard to judge certain things about the club right now.

Couldn't we have just kept McLeish for the sake of stability when he kept us up on 38 points then?

Different manager, different situation.

Edited by Mantis

We will not go down. 

Went to VP today and I thought given the side we were able to put out we got about what I expected. I have been saying all season that our first 11 is decent but scratch below that and the squad is very poor. I wouldn't throw the blame on Lambert for that though. He has been dealt a very poor hand in therms of finances. However 34 points from 32 games is simply not good enough. There has simply been no progress this season under Lambert. In fact compared to the back end of last season we have gone backwards.

This club is a stagnating mess. On the pitch the players do their best but too many are simply way out of their depth at this level. The same sadly it seems could well now be said of Lambert. It kills me to say that by the way as I had such high hope for him and us.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Id accept relegation if it is the only way to replace him and I would then renew my season ticket.

If we stay up and he stays I will not.

Premier League football isn't everything, we aren't going to be challenging for top 4 or the league or even Europe anytime soon. I at least want to see us try to play decent football and give it a good go, we don't. 90% of home games are awful and a chore to go to now.

• Like 2

Lambert just do one and get out of the club now. A mumbling moron who continues to embarrass the club and it's fans . The desperate attempts of a few on here to defend him are head shaking.

Â