Match thread

ben1505

I hate preseason.

We all know that the match results are effectively meaningless, but regardless when we win I wonder if that creates a level of expectation and if we lose I worry that it's somehow a true indicator of the team's level. I can't help but attribute a meaning to it.

Still hope we do ourselves proud in the US, looking forward to seeing more of the youngsters - hope Robinson gets given another go, impressed at the end of last season.

Did you notice that you see the negative side no matter the result? How about if we win, good, can only help confidence, if we lose, good, it's no impact and hopefully we can sort out any weakness exposed. The only bad outcome is if we get an injury, like Gabby in Chicago.

I hate preseason.

We all know that the match results are effectively meaningless, but regardless when we win I wonder if that creates a level of expectation and if we lose I worry that it's somehow a true indicator of the team's level. I can't help but attribute a meaning to it.

Still hope we do ourselves proud in the US, looking forward to seeing more of the youngsters - hope Robinson gets given another go, impressed at the end of last season.

Did you notice that you see the negative side no matter the result? How about if we win, good, can only help confidence, if we lose, good, it's no impact and hopefully we can sort out any weakness exposed. The only bad outcome is if we get an injury, like Gabby in Chicago.

Last season I saw us get turned over at Luton 3-1 before going to Arsenal and winning on the opening day. You just cannot read into pre season, its about fitness and testing systems etc. The fact Lambert plays two different teams per half (until the last game or so) is a clear indication that its all experimental and for fitness.  

Yeah, not sure why, but most clubs here will. I think it's supposed to make the match feel a bit like an international which of course, elevated the sense of the home clubs importance. It's a friendly, preseason for us, mid-season for Dallas. But there is really no contest in overall quality.

Oh, and Guzan has grown his hair out and has a widows peak like shay given. :)

I presume we have some Yanks in the thread at the moment so I have to ask, how do you feel about people constantly butchering your national anthem before sporting events?  Is there some kind of secret agreement amongst all singers in the states where they have to add at least three extra syllables to every word? 

• Like 2

Who is the last person we bought from the MLS? (I bet it's an obvious one) I know technically Dawkins was playing for Seattle when we loaned but who is the last one we actually bought?

Is it Guzan?

Â