Carlo Ancelotti - football's greatest?

NurembergVillan

Ancelotti IMO is probably the best manager in European competition. But he's been not even average in terms of domestic titles, he's been bad for me. He took over mega money PSG who were in first place and managed not to win the league. A decade in Italy as manager with 2 of the top 3 clubs and only 1 title to show for it. He's done okay overall, but 3 league titlles in 15 years managing the very top clubs in the league is not a good return, far from it.

• Like 1

I think id rather have mourinho for European competition. He's just a better manager.

Not that ancelotti isn't very good.

You've kind of missed the point.

It wasn't a question of who is the best manager, you need to read the OP.

I think id rather have mourinho for European competition. He's just a better manager.

Not that ancelotti isn't very good.

You've kind of missed the point.

It wasn't a question of who is the best manager, you need to read the OP.

No, I was responding to kurtsimonw, I should've quoted it.

I'm too young to give an educated response to the OP

Edited by Rovers13

Probably a better way of comparing managers and players is giving various weighting to achievements. That Ancelotti has won the Champions League with a big club with an expensively put together squad, is hardly a surprise? The Cryuff was a success at a major club as manager?

In the end we might that footballers greatest player/manager is someone quite unexpected...

Beckenbauer would be the one for me even if he was just a part time manager really.

Won the world cup as player and manager within a 16 year period and did the same with the European cup especially as Marseille weren't that fancied.

And that was it for him really.

Didn't win the European Cup with Maseille, they were runners up. Won it the next season without him though.

I've always though of Beckenbauer as more than a bit overrated.

Probably a better way of comparing managers and players is giving various weighting to achievements. That Ancelotti has won the Champions League with a big club with an expensively put together squad, is hardly a surprise? The Cryuff was a success at a major club as manager?

In the end we might that footballers greatest player/manager is someone quite unexpected...

DiscoLambo.gif

Â