samjp26

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Played the demo at the weekend.  Seems good but reviews suggest the new contract system is a grind.  Any thoughts yet - early days I know. 

On the closed beta the contracts seemed completely **** pointless. 

It was just do the same track you've already done but do 3 backflips during it.

Complete filler.

Gets a meh from me at the moment. 

Despite everyone moaning about a bunch of stuff in the closed beta it seems exactly the same. 

World map is crap. 

Random ghosts. **** that. I want to race against Jono and Stefan’s ghosts. Not Joe Bloggs from shitsville USA

contracts are crap. 

**** loot crates. 

The gameplay is is as good as ever. But no private multiplayer yet!

Despite my moan above I'll still play the absolute shit out of this.

Just seems like a massive missed opportunity to improve on the previous game. It kind of seems exactly the same except new tracks and loot crates. Sigh.

14 hours ago, dubbs said:

This is incredibly fun to play.  Yes it's the same as Fusions but that's not a bad thing. 

It's still Trials so it's still brilliant.

But there's a lot of little irritating things about this one.

My biggest one at the moment is the ghosts being of random people. I don't give a ****! At least give me the option to have my friends as ghosts.

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't give a ****! At least give me the option to have my friends as ghosts.

100% agree. It almost makes the fact the ghosts are there pointless.  Hopefully this'll be something which can be patched in. 

38 minutes ago, dubbs said:

100% agree. It almost makes the fact the ghosts are there pointless.  Hopefully this'll be something which can be patched in. 

It does. I've already changed their opacity so they're completely transparent as they're totally pointless.

The reddit community pretty much reflects our views. 

The gameplay is brilliant as always and the level designs are excellent. But the actual game has loads of really irritating things.
Some big issues like some of the contracts are beat a random ghost. But it really is random. People are being matched up against world record holders and they can't progress the game until they beat them!

Also lots of frustration about being forced to reply old tracks to do contracts, but this time you have to do a backflip or something equally as tedious. And you can't progress the game until you do it.

It's all the things people were complaining about after the closed Beta to be fair, but doesn't look like they've changed anything

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd imagine they will add in friend's ghosts when the online part of the game is opened up more. There must be a way to turn it on already?! 

I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.
There's not even an option to turn ghosts off full stop.

Edit: actually, maybe there is, but it's a little convoluted. Apparently you can go onto the leaderboard, select a friend's time and select the option to race against this ghost. Not perfect but better than nothing.

I just don't know why they changed it from how it worked on Fusion. That was perfect, even though it wasn't actual ghosts and just markers.

Edited by Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.
There's not even an option to turn ghosts off full stop.

Edit: actually, maybe there is, but it's a little convoluted. Apparently you can go onto the leaderboard, select a friend's time and select the option to race against this ghost. Not perfect but better than nothing.

I just don't know why they changed it from how it worked on Fusion. That was perfect, even though it wasn't actual ghosts and just markers.

Wasn't Fusion the ghost of your friend's fastest time? I'm sure it was a ghost of all your friends that had a quicker time but I might be wrong. 

Whatever it was, they should go back to that. 

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Wasn't Fusion the ghost of your friend's fastest time? I'm sure it was a ghost of all your friends that had a quicker time but I might be wrong. 

Whatever it was, they should go back to that. 

It wasn't quite a ghost. It was like a little helmet symbol with their name on it but it did the same thing.
There was one for each of all your friends' fastest times. It was ideal.

Edited by Stevo985

Other complaints on reddit that the multiplayer is the same as Fusion.

All easy tracks. barely ever get a medium or hard in there, and when you do everyone just chooses Easy anyway.

Means it's just an exercise in who can do easy tracks the fastest. When you know on a hard track you'd destroy everyone.

I'm so happy we've got a new Trials game. But I'm super disappointed they didn't do more with it.

Despite loving the series i haven't bothered with this, Partially due to a huge backlog of stuff i'll probably never get round to playing but mainly because of the map/progession i hated in the beta. Might grab it at some point but it was more annoying than enjoyable which puts it towards the bottom of a pile of stuff to try and get through

Looking at the Trials Reddit page it's almost certain that they'll sort out the problems everyone has the game.

IIRC Fusion didn't have multiplayer at all when it was released.

Edit: 9 months after launch! 

Edited by villarule123

46 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Looking at the Trials Reddit page it's almost certain that they'll sort out the problems everyone has the game.

Thing is they're all the same problems people had after the closed beta and they didn't change a thing...

Â