samjp26

On 27/02/2019 at 22:44, StefanAVFC said:

Also I hate that I'm a perfectionist and have to do even the easy ones perfectly so I'm nowhere near even a medium yet....

I'm just aiming to Gold everything on my first run through. Not really paying attention to friends' times as things change so much at this stage. The fact the leaderboard is a couple of clicks away (another irritant) makes it easier to ignore them at this stage.

Once I'm done I'll go back through and platinum everything up to Extreme, and that will be when I try to beat other peoples' times. Or try to platinum everything anyway. I managed it on Fusion.

If you go to the Stadium in each new area you open up, it lists the tracks in that area below the stadium events so you can go through them as a list in there.

You still need to go back to the world map to do all the contracts and all that shite though.

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Some big issues like some of the contracts are beat a random ghost. But it really is random. People are being matched up against world record holders and they can't progress the game until they beat them!

Guy in one of the Stadiums finals got matched up agaisnt number 1, 2 and 3 in the world :D 

sebolsweygj21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I'm stuck on a contract that you need to finish in certain positions 3 times to complete it.  Its flipping hard considering its supposed to be only a medium trial!

The contracts are utter bullshit. I wish they weren't in the game at all. 

Or maybe include them but as an option like the challenges on Fusion. You could do them if you want to to add some replay value to the game. But to have them as mandatory is so boring.

Actually I take that back. I think having the odd one here or there would be ok. But it's the sheer volume of them that is offputting. Makes the map even harder to navigate.

The world map is incredibly confusing.

Edited by Stevo985

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The contracts are utter bullshit. I wish they weren't in the game at all. 

Or maybe include them but as an option like the challenges on Fusion. You could do them if you want to to add some replay value to the game. But to have them as mandatory is so boring.

Actually I take that back. I think having the odd one here or there would be ok. But it's the sheer volume of them that is offputting. Makes the map even harder to navigate.

The world map is incredibly confusing.

It's not that bad. Well, it is by default but if you press L1 you can filter it to just show the stadiums on the map, then choose the tracks for each location via the stadium. It will show you the contracts for each track there too. 

It's not ideal and the default way is really shit. 

I agree about the contracts though, I had to do a few to unlock the level 52 stuff, they're not even hard tracks! 

I love how Stefan spent over an hour trying to do the frontflip/back flip one when he could have just reversed over and over and got them out of the way off the same ramp 🤣 it took me 5 mins. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It's not that bad. Well, it is by default but if you press L1 you can filter it to just show the stadiums on the map, then choose the tracks for each location via the stadium. It will show you the contracts for each track there too. 

It's not ideal and the default way is really shit. 

I agree about the contracts though, I had to do a few to unlock the level 52 stuff, they're not even hard tracks! 

I love how Stefan spent over an hour trying to do the frontflip/back flip one when he could have just reversed over and over and got them out of the way off the same ramp 🤣 it took me 5 mins. 

I didn't know that about L1. That's much better. Although you still have to unfilter to clear your contracts.

Backflip/frontflip ones aren't difficult unless you have to beat someone while you do it.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't know that about L1. That's much better. Although you still have to unfilter to clear your contracts.

Backflip/frontflip ones aren't difficult unless you have to beat someone while you do it.

When you see them under the stadium it tells you next to the track how much XP you will get for the the contract if there is one available. If you filter then it is how you'd ideally have it all laid out, but you still shouldn't have to do that in the first place! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still ploughing through this.

The world map is such a **** ****. There are various ways to make it a bit more negotiable, but once you've opened up up to hard tracks it's a nightmare. The contracts are just overwhelming. I've done a pretty good job of staying on top of them and clearing them as I go area by area, but they continue to add more and more. They're just everywhere.

If I hadn't figured out the way to go into the stadium and do the tracks from there I actually don't think I'd be able to find them on the world map. It's unimaginably shit.

The tracks themselves though are brilliant. Some of the hard ones can be a bit annoying. "Red Steel" and "UK Upper" are two that have had me throwing the controller. Anything with swings or tilting obstacles is a pain.
But other than that the tracks are brilliant.

Anyone know if your progress is shared across platforms?

I have two 12 hour ish flights coming up in the next couple of weeks and I was pondering getting this for the Switch. But I don't want to start from scratch.

It blows my mind that I'm really struggling with a couple of the easy races where you have to finish top 4, then top 2, then first and yet the ones which are a harder difficult have been completed quicker. 

Also still love the first skill game. Over 800 metres is my record.  Targeting 1000 metres now 😁

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

It blows my mind that I'm really struggling with a couple of the easy races where you have to finish top 4, then top 2, then first and yet the ones which are a harder difficult have been completed quicker. 

Also still love the first skill game. Over 800 metres is my record.  Targeting 1000 metres now 😁

Apart from the couple of mentioned above, I find the hard tracks easier than, say, the medium tracks.

Or at least easier to gold with no faults.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

Sounds like you may have been matched up against some quick ghosts.

Was a problem in the beta & still hasn't been fixed properly. You can easily end up having to get platinum/diamond times if you're unlucky where you mate may end up racing people with silver times and finish miles in front even with faults. Absolute cack and no reason to use online ghosts at all. Just have a set time for everyone

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Sounds like you may have been matched up against some quick ghosts.

Was a problem in the beta & still hasn't been fixed properly. You can easily end up having to get platinum/diamond times if you're unlucky where you mate may end up racing people with silver times and finish miles in front even with faults. Absolute cack and no reason to use online ghosts at all. Just have a set time for everyone

This seems to be an issue with the stadium finals as well. 

Apparently the speed of the ghosts in the finals (where you have to do all 3 stadium tracks in a row) is determined by your speed in the 3 stadium tracks individually. 

So if you’ve nailed the 3 tracks individually then it’s gonna be **** tough to beat the finals. 

On 18/03/2019 at 19:19, Stevo985 said:

This seems to be an issue with the stadium finals as well. 

Apparently the speed of the ghosts in the finals (where you have to do all 3 stadium tracks in a row) is determined by your speed in the 3 stadium tracks individually. 

So if you’ve nailed the 3 tracks individually then it’s gonna be **** tough to beat the finals. 

I gave up on Bali Blast stadium finals because of this

• 3 weeks later...

I know I keep going on about it, but the world map is so completely and utterly shit. It's just so **** unclear where everything is. Where are the new tracks I've just unlocked? Which tracks haven't I done yet? Which Stadium finals was that again?

I spent a couple of hours the other night doing contracts because I thought I hadn't unlocked the extreme tracks yet. Turns out I had unlocked them I just couldn't see them on the map. Even doing the trick where you go into the stadium and select the tracks from there hadn't worked because the extreme ones don't HAVE a stadium.

Utterly bizarre that they went with that interface. 

Â