2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil Panini Sticker Album - Swapsies

GarethRDR

dunno

i thought the FA and the PL were 2 separate bodies so in theory if the PL signs a deal with merlin the FA inst involved so panini should still be able to buy the rights, unless of course the FA does take a slice of the merlin pie... either way there doesnt seem like a reason for it that doesnt involve money, and out of 32 countries we are the only one who must be getting more somewhere else

I did wonder what was going on there, as the England team photo is just the headshots from the stickers all 'shopped next to each other on a shaded background.

Topps (pka Merlin) sticker albums are terrible these days, back in the 90's you'd get 4 pages per team with 18 squad stickers, shiny badge, larger sized double-sticker of a player, manager sticker and a home/away kit sticker.  This year's one is down to starting XII only, two pages per team (which it's been for a couple years now), no different sized stickers and home kits only with two different team's kits combined on one sticker.  Think they only care about pushing that Match Attax shite these days.  :bang:

I see. Is that anything to do with the Premier League deal with Merlin?

I don't think so, I know Topps (Merlin) do the Bundesliga sticker album as well and that seemingly hasn't affected Panini's Germany stickers.

Edited by GarethRDR

I don't think so, I know Topps (Merlin) do the Bundesliga sticker album as well and that seemingly hasn't affected Panini's Germany stickers.

I have shit loads of them this season, they were giving them out for free in Berlin and I came across about 20 different people doing so.  No book though :(

On the subject of this album, does Ron Vlaar actually exist?  The most elusive sticker of all I think.  I've got Benteke.

I am doing this. My partner works in a shot which has a load of these to give away - they weren't collected - and so were going to be thrown out... if she remembers, and if they are in the shop tonight... I get them.

I have shit loads of them this season, they were giving them out for free in Berlin and I came across about 20 different people doing so.  No book though :(

On the subject of this album, does Ron Vlaar actually exist?  The most elusive sticker of all I think.  I've got Benteke.

I got a Jean II Makoun in my online sticker album! He's back and in sticker form!

Looks like the reason the FA are being lame with licensing is because they have their own England sticker book out.

How many stickers could there feasibly be in a book focusing on one team?

Â