League of Nations

MrDuck

How are they going to fit all the games in?

Play them instead of all the friendlies they have now.
If there's 54 nation divided by 4 leagues, that's a lot of games.
I don't imagine they've worked out those details yet.

But maybe they'd just play one round if matches.

So 13 teams a league, 12 matches each. Not that many really

Couldn't care less. I have zero interest in watching England games, they are shite. As for watching us lose to the top teams in Europe on a regular basis well that hardly adds appeal. I'd prefer it if they ditched international football all together. It ruins the premier league weekends

That's loyal support.

I guess you have also stopped watching Villa these last 4 seasons as well then.

Edited by TRS-T

How are they going to fit all the games in?

Play them instead of all the friendlies they have now.
If there's 54 nation divided by 4 leagues, that's a lot of games.
I don't imagine they've worked out those details yet.

But maybe they'd just play one round if matches.

So 13 teams a league, 12 matches each. Not that many really

Each 16 team division is divided into 4 groups of 4 e.g 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D.

So if you play each team in your sub-division home and away that's 6 games.

The winner of each sub-division qualifies for the semi-finals and final played at a neutral venue to determine the league champion.

Couldn't care less. I have zero interest in watching England games, they are shite. As for watching us lose to the top teams in Europe on a regular basis well that hardly adds appeal. I'd prefer it if they ditched international football all together. It ruins the premier league weekends

That's loyal support.

I have had zero interest in England matches since the 2006 world cup. Why should I support a team where I dislike most of and actually despise some of the players? Just because I was born in the same country? Pull the other one. I'm loyal to Villa, not to England... I don't understand why you need t be 'loyal' to your national team?

• Like 3

For the same reason you are loyal to your club?

If Villa signed John Terry, Joey Barton, Ashley Cole, Craig Gardner etc would you stop supporting us?

If we appointed Ian Holloway as manager would you stop supporting us?

No.

You support the club not the players.

So why would the same not apply to your national team?

For the same reason you are loyal to your club?

If Villa signed John Terry, Joey Barton, Ashley Cole, Craig Gardner etc would you stop supporting us?

If we appointed Ian Holloway as manager would you stop supporting us?

No.

You support the club not the players.

So why would the same not apply to your national team?

England aren't my 'club' though. I'm not really into patriotism. With international football, I enjoy watching tournaments as much as the next football fan but what do England really bring to the table? In answer to your questions about those players and Holloway joining Villa... it would be horrible. I would still support but I would be embarrassed to be represented by them; that is loyalty and it is something I feel to England in no way whatsoever. For example WC 2010 I watched the England Germany game at Glastonbury in a crowd of 90k people, I stood to win over £200 if Germany went on to win the tournament. That couple with apathy and actual dislike for England at the time meant I wasn't bothered about the result at all, even surrounded by such fervent support. Sorry if that makes me a worse person. 

I chose to support Villa. I didn't choose to be born in England.

So why did you used to have interest in watching England up until the 2006 World Cup?

Did you not support the British athletes at London 2012?

I support Villa because I am from Birmingham.

I support England because I am from England.

So for me there's no difference.

If you saw English people at Glastonbury wearing Germany shirts supporting Germany against England surely you'd be thinking WTF are they doing.

Nobody chooses to be born anywhere doesn't mean that you don't support your local club or country.

Geordies didn't choose to be born in Newcastle but they still support the Toon.

Irish people didn't choose to be born in Ireland but they still support the Boys in Green.

That's loyal support.

Loyalty to club and country are two different things.

So why did you used to have interest in watching England up until the 2006 World Cup?

If you saw English people at Glastonbury wearing Germany shirts supporting Germany against England surely you'd be thinking WTF are they doing.

Nobody chooses to be born anywhere doesn't mean that you don't support your local club or country.

Irish people didn't choose to be born in Ireland but they still support the Boys in Green.

The above post was brought to you by the 1920's.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 4

I find patriotism to be a ridiculous, and often disturbing, concept. I enjoy international tournaments most when in-ger-land's involvement has ended and international friendlies are good for helping me sleep, nothing more. 

• Like 3

That's loyal support.

Loyalty to club and country are two different things.

They shouldn't be.

I don't see why you should have to be loyal to a group of people just because they happen to be born in the same country as you. There might be a different group born in a different country that you feel you can relate more to, not based on their place of birth but other things that might contribute to a person or a groups identity.

What about Manchester United supporters?

Why would you support Scottish/Welsh athletes? Surely you should be supporting just the English ones? ...

Why not? Many people find international football totally insignificant and choose to focus on club football. It's their choice.

That's fine but they would never have taken an interest in the first place.

It's the people who say "I don't give a toss about England anymore" that I'm talking about.

Why not? Many people find international football totally insignificant and choose to focus on club football. It's their choice.

That's fine but they would never have taken an interest in the first place.

It's the people who say "I don't give a toss about England anymore" that I'm talking about.

But KHV didn't say 'anymore'. He just said he has no interest in watching England because they are 'shite'.

What about Manchester United supporters?

They would agree with chappy.

"Why should I support my local team just because I was born here. I didn't choose to be born in this city"

Why would you support Scottish/Welsh athletes? Surely you should be supporting just the English ones? ...

I will be in the Commonwealth Games  ;)

Â