Welbeck or Sturridge

dakid007

It's too early for April Fools.

Sturridge is head and shoulders better. Not that Welbeck is awful, he's pretty decent but nowhere near Sturridge 

People seem to forget Sturridge is currently playing with one the best & most inform players in the world

And Welbeck only gets to play with Rooney and Van Persie, who everyone knows are Championship standard at best. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why Chelsea let him go...and Mourinho says he needs another striker...

Mourinho didn't let him go to be fair. Was it not more to do with Sturridge himself playing up?

Great signing regardless. What was it, £12m? Benteke esq value.

I don't understand why Chelsea let him go...and Mourinho says he needs another striker...

Mourinho didn't let him go to be fair. Was it not more to do with Sturridge himself playing up?

sturridge wanted to be 1st choice in the middle, was always going to be drogba

fair play to sturridge, he's a player that i didnt like for a long time, thought that he summed up young english players, sat on chelsea's bench on £60k a week moaning that he's not 1st choice, was glad he dropped down the league in order to find football and is now doing really well and gone back up the table, he's 24 and only just getting his 1st proper run as a 1st choice striker at his club

Sturridge should be the reason people lay off the Weimann criticism.

I fail to see the relevance between the two. Whenever Sturridge was given games, he impressed. His problem was that he didn't get enough game-time at Chelsea.

Sturridge should be the reason people lay off the Weimann criticism.

I fail to see the relevance between the two. Whenever Sturridge was given games, he impressed. His problem was that he didn't get enough game-time at Chelsea.

Part of it was the he was always played wide on the right when he was given games, he didn't get a chance as central striker. A lot of people (myself included) didn't think he was nearly as good as he is because he's not the best at setting others up, was kind of selfish for a wide player and just didn't look that good out wide. He looks a different player playing centrally.

Weimann obviously won't be on sturridges level, but people have been slagging him off the whole season when in reality games where he's played central he's been pretty good.

Ah ok, fair enough. Yes, I'd agree that Weimann should only be played as centre-forward. I've always viewed him as a poacher really, I don't think he has the intelligence or the technical ability to play any other role on a permanent basis.

Â