SNES Collection

villaajax

Following on from the WWE thread, here are some pictures of my SNES collection

WP_20140306_001.jpg

My one remaining SNES is turning yellow with age. I accidentally dropped my spare and it had become so brittle over the years it just smashed to bits.

WP_20140306_004.jpg

Multitap - An essential for BomberMan

Universal adapter - allows US SNES games to play on UK consoles

Super Gameboy - Play Gameboy games on the SNES, very useful with the hours I put into the Pokemon games!

Game Genie - Laods cheats into games

WP_20140306_006.jpg

Boxes and manuals

• Like 1

WP_20140306_008.jpg

Crash Test Dummies, Space Ace (AWFUL!), Alfred Chicken, Jungle Book, Sensible Soccer, Dragon's Lair, NBA Jam, Claymates, Street Fighter II, Plok, Killer Instinct, X-Kaliber 2097, Drakkhen, Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja, Super Battletoads, Bubsy, CliffHanger, Super Star Wars, Shaq-Fu, Donkey Kong Country, Beavis and Butthead, Pilotwings, Ghoul Patrol, Super Bomberman 2.

WP_20140306_010.jpg

Skyblazer, Mr. Nutz, Roadrunner, Prince of Persia, Urban Strike, Toy Story, Equinox, Troddlers, Winter Olympics, International Superstar Soccer (x2), FIFA 96, Striker, Striker World Cup 94 Edition, Gods, Earthworm Jim, First Samurai, Krusty's Super Funhouse,  Pitfall,

Lemmings, Star Wing, Lost Vikings, Sim City, Super Metroid, Legend of the Mystic Ninja, Kirby's Funpack, Kirby's Ghostrap

WP_20140306_011.jpg

Multiple copies of Mario World and All Stars as well as Mario Kart.

WP_20140306_014.jpg

Some American games, Cool World, Spanky's Quest and Axelay.

WP_20140306_020.jpg

Zelda, with map and hints book

WP_20140306_026.jpg

Oh and Super Stret Fighter II

WP_20140306_003.jpg

And the classic chunky gameboy with Gameboy cameras, Wrestlemania 2000, WWF RAW, F1 Pole Position, Mortal Kombat, Hunt for Red October, Cannon Fodder, Super Marioland, Aliens, Pokemon yellow and red and Bartvs The Juggernauts.

• Like 1

I used to buy games from America and sell them to a local independent shop when I was bored of them. The owner nearly started crying when I told him how cheap I got them for. The price of PAL games was disgraceful.

• Like 1

I used to buy games from America and sell them to a local independent shop when I was bored of them. The owner nearly started crying when I told him how cheap I got them for. The price of PAL games was disgraceful.

The price sticker is still on the Prince of Persia box, £54.99 in 1992 which is the equivalent to £96.40 in today's money!

Mystic Quest Legend! It was actually a (none numbered) Final Fantasy game, considered a 'starter' or intro to the series/genre. It worked for me ^_^

• Like 2

The price sticker is still on the Prince of Persia box, £54.99 in 1992 which is the equivalent to £96.40 in today's money!

There were reasons for high prices of certain games though, cartridges were expensive to manufacture because the cost of flash memory back in the 1990s was ridiculous.  Just look at what Neo Geo carts were going for back then. 

There were reasons for high prices of certain games though, cartridges were expensive to manufacture because the cost of flash memory back in the 1990s was ridiculous.  Just look at what Neo Geo carts were going for back then. 

I remember Starwing costing me £50 in Woolworths. Games were much cheaper in the US/Japan and they were released months earlier. Europe was very low on Nintendo's list of priorities. Neo Geo prices were crazy, weren't they arcade quality at the time?

Neo Geo is still super expensive if you try and get your hands on the games. I got (and since sold) one so I could play world heroes - wasn't as good a a I remembered. Marvel vs capcom on the other hand was amazing with the neo stick.

I have a SNES that I bought off eBay sitting here because I can't use it with my TV. I need one of those crappy non-HD huge TVs ASAP so I can play SFII Turbo.

Edited by samjp26

I have a SNES that I bought off eBay sitting here because I can't use it with my TV. I need one of those crappy non-HD huge TVs ASAP so I can play SFII Turbo.

Are you sure? Mine is an HD Sony Bravia and it plays through the TV antenna port the same way as it does on an old TV. Can be awkward to tune in but I've had it working in the past (haven't actually tried since I set it up again)

If not, there must be an adapter.

I shall be acquiring a NES soon.

I have 'borrowed' my sister's NES and Mega Drive - But the SNES rules supreme!

Â