Signed: Moustafa Zeidan Khalili

Pelle

Don't worry guys - if he's any good, Arsenal will take him off our hands for £300k at the age of 16 :unsure:

Like Samir Carruthers?

Carruthers was poached by Arsenal from Cambridge Utd aged 12.

Crowley was in the Aston Villa academy from about age 8.

Thought Abdo was a winger ? Anyway seems like a decent signing. If we could sign one like this every two years or so its bound to be helpful for the future.

Seems to me we are heading in this direction of looking abroad for players, as Crowley seems to be a sore point with Bryan Jones.

Maybe but of course players with great potential abroad will be hard to find given the other amount of scouts out there. Hopefully we keep it up and not lose out to other clubs like arsenal then !

"Benfica, Ajax and clubs from Italy all wanted to sign him, as well as swedish champions Malmö FF, but Villa was the best choice". Nice to hear the lad wanted to come to us rather than to one of those other teams. The Norse could be strong once again at Villa Park in the coming years.   

"Benfica, Ajax and clubs from Italy all wanted to sign him, as well as swedish champions Malmö FF, but Villa was the best choice". Nice to hear the lad wanted to come to us rather than to one of those other teams. The Norse could be strong once again at Villa Park in the coming years.   

firstly he won't be Norse because he's from Sweden and "Norse" refers to the Norwegians.

second, Khalili is a name from the middle east so he won't be a viking.

I wonder if he is related to ex-Swedish U21 Imad Khalili, who currently plays for Al-Shabab?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imad_Khalili

he's not Scandinavian in a meaningful sense as a native, or of Scandinavian descent.

he is Swedish because that's the political community where he was born.

none of this matters. just making the point that he won't add a Nordic look or physical presence to the team in the way of Olaf Mellberg.

I'm sure he'll make the team better but he won't make the team more Norse. 

he's not Scandinavian in a meaningful sense as a native, or of Scandinavian descent.

Yes but then Delph isn't English in the sense that he is of Anglo-Saxon descent. I very much doubt anybody, after reading Khalili's name, believed he was Nordic in appearence anyway.

Edited by Isa

Yes but then Delph isn't English in the sense that he is of Anglo-Saxon descent. I very much doubt anybody, after reading Khalili's name, believed he was Nordic in appearence anyway.

I don't disagree that Khalili is Swedish.

problem is there is no such thing as the English, outside the national football team. that's where English nationality begins and ends.

the term "Celtic" is equivalent to "Scandinavian." Ikechi Anya plays for the Scottish national team but nobody would say he was Celtic.

Â