JPA - villa hero or villa flop?

Jimzk5

JPA: Hero or Flop  

341 members have voted

1. 1. JPA: Hero or Flop

• Hero
    • Flop

You CANT score goals unless you have a midfield and team behind you to deliver the goods.

whilst i appreciate the point, i think you need to try telling that to Darren Bent, as he doesn't seem to understand this .....

There are always players who are playing over their ability or having a one off season.

His 18 goal tally last year was impressive, but then again Charlton was a far better team then too. Better then us for instance.

He got 11 goals so far this season, but i would like to know how many of those which was infact penalties.

Still, penalties are never the best thing to bring up when assessing JPA's Villa career.

At least they don't affect his goal tally :)

This discussion is not about Darren Bent. Darren Bent will be playing with a far bigger team next season and will be getting obscene amounts of goals. He will be a top premier striker and will move for big money. It's about JPA.

Now what really would have been interesting, which is kinda off-topic, is Alan Johnsons penalty stats during his previous seasons.

So your fantastic striker which you want us to sign, has scored 9 goals. Impressive.

Or 8 if you are to believe MI1dch.

He has ten league goals, three of which were penalties which he scored against West Ham, Bolton and Wigan.

And spent two months out injured.

So your fantastic striker which you want us to sign, has scored 9 goals. Impressive.

He has ten league goals, three of which were penalties which he scored against West Ham, Bolton and Wigan.

Ah so he actually has only 7 goals outside penalties.

Bloody yahoo :?

• 1 year later...

Not a bad player but no where near a hero. Made me mad because half of the time he would just walk around the pitch looking bored never chasing down balls 2 foot away. He had one great season then never reached them heights again. Mainly because he could not be bothered. I was glad he came here but was not sad to see him leave

Â