JPA - villa hero or villa flop?

Jimzk5

JPA: Hero or Flop  

341 members have voted

1. 1. JPA: Hero or Flop

• Hero
    • Flop

For what he delivered against what he cost, can't really class him in the hero category. But, as fans we will always see him as one of our own, mainly due to the "£" campaign, which forced Ellis' to come up with the cash. He always had a great connection with the fans, both on and off the field, which I will always remember. We Villa fans love our number 9, when a player responds the way JPA did, he will always be remembered fondly. Not a flop, not a hero, but certainly one to be respected.

Indeed. Living within a Coventry postcode and having Coventry fans as some of my closest friends I dare say I have given this subject more thought than most. Truth is, Coventry arrived at Villa Park that day a Premier League club. They left Villa Park beaten and relegated. At full time they knew they were gone because of the game they had just played, results elsewhere were academic. Any Coventry fan who tries to convince you otherwise is just desperate to block out the fact that their club were relegated at the place they really really really didnt want to be relegated at.

Quite so. When you look at league tables every year, either in the paper or online, they only ever have dreaded little 'R' to signify relegation when it's a mathematical certainty. If Coventry had beaten us they'd have lived to fight another day. We relegated them, let there not be any doubt!

Â