Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I have just posted this in the match thread for Monday As it seems to be a recurring post match analysis.

Lambert's post match comments along the lines of this......I can't fault the effort by the young lads today, they gave their all and were brilliant. Ok 0-4 is a bit flattering to them since they only had 85% possession and 17 shots on target to our 2. Szesny made two world class saves there at 0-1 and Brad only had to be called into action the 15 times. If one of those had gone in it would have been a different game altogether. It was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests.

Same shit different day and opposition. Can only see one outcome which is humiliation and know it will be painful to watch. I hope to god I am wrong but I just cannot see any other result the way we are playing at home at the moment. Whatever happened to the football we were playing last year and the start of this? The manager has to take the blame for the way he is setting the team up surely? Completely lost all faith in Lambert and the team as a whole to get us playing attractive football again with the team he has compiled. Disillusioned villain here.

• Like 1

Liverpool and stoke showing how to entertain the fans. Stoke the underdogs were fantastic. Proves you dont have to be a sky team to play good football and you dont even have to WIN! Lambert should show that game to all the players before Arsenal. But im predicting a lazy appearence from the players again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Liverpool and stoke showing how to entertain the fans. Stoke the underdogs were fantastic. Proves you dont have to be a sky team to play good football and you dont even have to WIN! Lambert should show that game to all the players before Arsenal. But im predicting a lazy appearence from the players again tomorrow.

And villa haven't had any entertaining games against top sides this year... Plus Liverpool and stoke both went long a lot today.

• Like 2

And villa haven't had any entertaining games against top sides this year... Plus Liverpool and stoke both went long a lot today.

Long balls played today

Stoke - 53

Liverpool - 55

Lowest Average Long balls per Game

Manchester City - 54

Edited by Houlston
  • Like 3

Palace have picked up more points since Pulis took over than we have in that same time period.

Sunderland have done the same with poyet.

Poyet and Pulis have been in their jobs for around 10 weeks and 6 weeks repectively - let's see how they do over a longer period.

Clearly that's the nature of the league - some teams will pick up points and some won't. The fact remains that on average teams in the bottom half pick up points at a rate of around 0.9 points per game and so at this stage in the season a 5 point lead is a decent buffer - that doesn't mean that we are comfortable but it does mean that as things stand other teams have plenty or more to worry about

Again this weekend the 10 teams from 10th place down have only picked up six points between them

Confidence is they key.

Essentially our team is currently the same as it was at the end of last season when we were ‘okay’ an average mid-table team.

Vlaar back and Benteke scoring a few would be a real big boost, massive in fact.

Indubitably.

Palace have picked up more points since Pulis took over than we have in that same time period.

Poyet and Pulis have been in their jobs for around 10 weeks and 6 weeks repectively - let's see how they do over a longer period.

Clearly that's the nature of the league - some teams will pick up points and some won't. The fact remains that on average teams in the bottom half pick up points at a rate of around 0.9 points per game and so at this stage in the season a 5 point lead is a decent buffer - that doesn't mean that we are comfortable but it does mean that as things stand other teams have plenty or more to worry about

Again this weekend the 10 teams from 10th place down have only picked up six points between them

How long was Lambert with us when he achieved our worst start to a season in the Premiership?

I don't think lambert should be sacked. I just think that for a young manager he needs to do a bit more listening and learning and a lot less stubbornness and bore tactics. Everything he seems to be against, I think he needs to take a more balanced view and realise that experience can help, it's not all about the league, and players should always be given another chance barring exceptional circumstances. And playing attractive football may see us further down the league but at least I'll be on the edge of my seat, not out of it and out of the stadium walking to the train early

I think the transfer work hasn't been good at villa even with the circumstances. Villa have to have one of the worst squads. However, Lamberts very good at getting results out of a squad and that's why villa are in the position they are in the table. I don't think another manager would be doing better with this group, so sacking him would be dumb.

How long was Lambert with us when he achieved our worst start to a season in the Premiership?

What happened nearly two years ago is not really what we are talking about but it might have had something to do with the shower of shite he took over from - but despite the fact that there was a lot of work to do Lambert still started better than McL had finished and by the end of the season had finished on a better points total and better position than McL, utilising less than half the resources

Maybe you thought that all McL's preparations would have set Lambert up to have an excellent start?

I don't think lambert should be sacked. I just think that for a young manager he needs to do a bit more listening and learning and a lot less stubbornness and bore tactics. Everything he seems to be against, I think he needs to take a more balanced view and realise that experience can help, it's not all about the league, and players should always be given another chance barring exceptional circumstances. And playing attractive football may see us further down the league but at least I'll be on the edge of my seat, not out of it and out of the stadium walking to the train early

This whole thing makes very little sense but if I understand (??) your post, you would'nt mind being further down the bottom as long as we were playing  "more attractive" football? This would keep you interested and "on the edge of your seat".......err, Ok!

What happened nearly two years ago is not really what we are talking about but it might have had something to do with the shower of shite he took over from

As opposed to the shower of shite Pulis has taken over from? Its also relevant to the points made as its in relation to a new manager coming in and picking up points.

This whole thing makes very little sense but if I understand (??) your post, you would'nt mind being further down the bottom as long as we were playing  "more attractive" football? This would keep you interested and "on the edge of your seat".......err, Ok!

Think he's saying if we finished 11th, and its a massive if, playing this horrendous boring football all season then from a spectators and entertainment point of view it would be more enjoyable to finish say 15th but by at least trying to play football.

What happened nearly two years ago is not really what we are talking about but it might have had something to do with the shower of shite he took over from - but despite the fact that there was a lot of work to do Lambert still started better than McL had finished and by the end of the season had finished on a better points total and better position than McL, utilising less than half the resources

Maybe you thought that all McL's preparations would have set Lambert up to have an excellent start?

Again not answering the question but I'll also hit you with a few stats.

Under Lambert we've had our worst start ever to a Premiership campaign with his players and his tactics. Worst goals conceded record in over twenty years. Worst defeat in the history of the club. Second lowest points total in Premiership history. Lost over two legs to Bradford. Over a three game period conceded 15 goals with none scored.

This season. Two wins at home in 10 games and the lowest goals scored at home in all four divisions. Losing at home against Sheffield. Not being able to score in the first half at home for how many games and now heading into a set of fixtures which could see us drop back into the mire again.

Overall record under Lambert, 12 games won out of 49 and about to get worse.

Edit. Lambert had a full pre-season to prepare us. It was his players and his tactics which achieved the above stats and nothing to do with Mcleish and out of 16 players signed only three of those signings could be deemed successful after 18 months of his tenure.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

Again not answering the question but I'll also hit you with a few stats.

Under Lambert we've had our worst start ever to a Premiership campaign with his players and his tactics. Worst goals conceded record in over twenty years. Worst defeat in the history of the club. Second lowest points total in Premiership history. Lost over two legs to Bradford. Over a three game period conceded 15 goals with none scored.

This season. Two wins at home in 10 games and the lowest goals scored at home in all four divisions. Losing at home against Sheffield. Not being able to score in the first half at home for how many games and now heading into a set of fixtures which could see us drop back into the mire again.

Overall record under Lambert, 12 games won out of 49 and about to get worse.

Edit. Lambert had a full pre-season to prepare us. It was his players and his tactics which achieved the above stats and nothing to do with Mcleish and out of 16 players signed only three of those signings could be deemed successful after 18 months of his tenure.

So what do you want? You claim you don't want Lambert out but you also like to be his harshest critic? You can't lose either way can you?  Lambert does ok and you play the "I always wanted him to stay" card, Lambert doesn't do ok and you play the "I always told you he was crap" card! Pathetic

lose tonight i want him out . i am fearing tonight the score line.

I agree, a loss tonight would just be emabrassing. Who are we playing again? Oh arsenal, well we've already beaten them once so anything less than that would be unacceptable. That's how football works isn't it?