Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

The media have done a number on Lambert.

No Lambert has done that himself.

Regarding the comments about the FA Cup they have.

No I'm afraid not.

In the match thread I posted that it was a win win situation with this cup game for Lambert if we win. The fact that we lost has left Lambert with egg on his face.

Lambert should not have allowed the media to influence his team selection. There is no doubt in my mind that Lambert was going to play a more weakened team until his comments were apparently taken out of context. Now you could say that alone would suggest that in fact the media has done a number on Lambert but Lambert could have ignored the media fest and played a weakened team. The fact that he didn't would suggest to me that he allowed media opinion to change team selection and that for me shows a weakness in the manager's mentality which I'm sure both the media and opposing managers will take advantage of again.

I don't know whether it shows a "weakness in the managers' mentality" nor do I think we can predict with any certainty what sort of team he would or would not have picked, however his FA Cup comments were naive and ill-thought through and have not helped his cause with supporters

Lambert is an extremely stubborn manager, he has his favorites, and the squad he has built is complete crap. The players we have are championship and league 1 caliber players. Only ones good enough for the premier league is Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Agbonlahor, and Benteke. Clark is progressing but I still don't rate him. Lambert can't get the best out of his players which the best managers do. His is tactically flawed in a sense that he only has one plan and he sticks to it even when it is clearly not working. We are lucky to be in 11th right now and Lambert has to sort this out. When will he realize this young player plan is extremely riskful and not working? Experience must be brought in this window and Lambert must realize this or else we could be in danger of relegation if the teams in the bottom 3 start performing better.

I don't think Lambert should be sacked because I'm not sure any manager could help this squad. Ok you could argue he has spent money but the rebuild required needed a lot more money then he has been given. He has gone for quantity over quality with a lot of the signings and it's backfired. I would say we have 5 players that could be classed as 'first team players' and the rest should only be reserves or are not good enough for this league.I can't believe the owners have let out club get in this mess and while they are still in charge I see relegation within the next 2 seasons regardless of which manager takes over.

Where have you picked that random figure from?  Lambert already had some good players, he just wasn't able to get the best out of any of them at all.

So good that they'd taken 15 points from their previous 19 games. Not one of these world beaters have gone on to be successful elsewhere.

So don't lay any of the blame on Lerner, the budget, or the players, it is all Lambert's fault?

This is the Lambert thread, if you want to complain about that brain donor Lerner, go and do it in that thread.

So in your opinion these things are not connected?????????

Where have you picked that random figure from?  Lambert already had some good players, he just wasn't able to get the best out of any of them at all.

So good that they'd taken 15 points from their previous 19 games. Not one of these world beaters have gone on to be successful elsewhere.

I'm talking about players like Agbonlahor and Weimann.

So don't lay any of the blame on Lerner, the budget, or the players, it is all Lambert's fault?

This is the Lambert thread, if you want to complain about that brain donor Lerner, go and do it in that thread.

So in your opinion these things are not connected?????????

Of course they are, but this is a thread about Lambert.  I do agree though that, that as bad a manager as Lambert is, Lerner as an owner is far worse.

I really hope Lambert doesnt get another contract with us. I'd give him til the end of the season to keep us up but I really dont care for this "project" he is supposedly building.

His remit is keep us up so the owner makes money as turnover spent on wages is peanuts. I can't see any other explanation for this farce of a squad we have.

I'm talking about players like Agbonlahor and Weimann.

I'm not sure you were? Certainly Lambert seems to be getting performances from Gabby? He was from Weimann until he had a dip in form.

I'm fed up of the same old arguments on here...whilst we are 11th I really don't see what more we could have expected this season

What position would make you content?

I really hope Lambert doesnt get another contract with us. I'd give him til the end of the season to keep us up but I really dont care for this "project" he is supposedly building.

Truth is there is no "project". Just rather grim hand-to-mouth survival.

• Like 2

Truth is there is no "project". Just rather grim hand-to-mouth survival.

I agree.

Lets face it if he were at any other club than Villa he would have been sacked by now

Its almost as if were forced to accept that he's the best out there and nobody can do a better job because the board have zero ambition it is quite embarrassing

• Like 1

whilst we are 11th I really don't see what more we could have expected this season

While I agree, a similar thing was said not long back and we went and lost 4 games in a row. I think its fair to question and criticise the performances but you're right that in terms of league position, there's not much more we can expect.

Definite mistake in commenting about the FA Cup, I mean, what on earth was his mission? The journalists thrive on messages like that, since they can twist and turn everything he says. A more experienced and savvy person would have said the basic drivel about us trying to win every match and so on. The articles got big and he fielded a strong but probably very different side than he wanted to. The players didn't have motivation, because if they did they would have won the game against a very poor team from League 1. Against such weak teams it often clever to field a bit of reserves since they are both better and have more motivation to give close to 100%. It's disappointing, but even more it's humiliating for us as fans.

I think the worry; and I sympathise with it; is that our performances are so bad that our league position could tumble and we'd have a hard job correcting it.

• Like 1

Problem with VP is that it's becoming all too easy for opposition teams to play at. I agree that the players and management need to sort it out and start putting in better performances at home but I think the booing is being overdone a bit. It's literally getting to the stage where the team are booed off at half-time and full-time almost every single game.

It was no less easy to play at last season when the manager's name was being sung by fans after losing 0-3 to relegation fodder like Wigan.

Things seem to have got even worse at home since then. I was just pointing out that we're falling into a very vicious circle of absolutely dreadful home performances and a poisonous atmosphere. Players and manager are of course chiefly to blame but the support needs to improve. Boos are half time do absolutely no good.

whilst we are 11th I really don't see what more we could have expected this season

While I agree, a similar thing was said not long back and we went and lost 4 games in a row. I think its fair to question and criticise the performances but you're right that in terms of league position, there's not much more we can expect.

For me personally it's not the positions it's more the bigger picture. Apart from 5 players I would say we have the worst squad in living memory. We were once a great club and now we are relegation candidate's each year. We are a club that is declining fast. Do not let the 11th position fool you. We all know we are well and truly in the mix for relegation and if we lose Vlaar again. God help us.

I think the worry; and I sympathise with it; is that our performances are so bad that our league position could tumble and we'd have a hard job correcting it.

Yeah I'd agree. At the end of the day results are what counts and if we're sitting in 11th after the final game then you'd have to say that's a decent final result. But its not an overreaction to say we've been playing some of the worst football in the league for the last few months and its a worry where that could see us sliding to.

All we have to do is rely on opponents gifting us more goals or bacuna delivering more wonderstrikes to maintain where we are in the league

The way we are playing at the minute suggest that where we are in the league is a false one if we are really a top 12 team we would have beaten the likes of Swansea and Crystal Palace at home

As you say with the fixtures we have coming up our league position may drastically tumble

I cannot remember the last time we convincingly beat a team and was on top for the majority of a game even when we beat Cardiff 2 - 0 at home it was a close game up until the 70th minute

Action needs to be taken but it won't be