2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

I think Frances squad looks decent to be fair, not sure how they will set up though, forget nasri, griezmamn is the one I'd rather watch anyway, can only assume nasri has done a cole and refused to be in the reserves

• Like 1

He's miles better than Valbuena though. Definitely a bit of favouritism there. Thauvin would have been more interesting if a Marseille player had to be brought along, apart from Mandanda that is!

Anyway, their squad does look strong, and quite young.

Lloris

Sagna Mangala Koscielny Evra

Matuidi

Ribery  Cabaye Pogba Griezmann

Benzema

Is my guess.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

French squad looks good except for the defence, and I'm not sure if there are any real leaders there, of the Desailly, Blanc, Viera calibre. Certainly they have no Zidane.

The defence has varane and digne, both young but both look like potential world beaters, Sagna and Evra obviously have lots of experience but yeah sakho is the most capped CB with 16...

Add in pogba and griezmann, they might not have a blanc, zidane, thuram, Henry in there yet but It looks like they've timed having a good team in time for their own tournament again

If i was in charge id had gone for.......

LLoris

Debuchy Koscielny Varane Evra

Pogba  Cabaye

Griezmann   Nasri          Ribery

Benzema

Edited by KAZZAM

Italy.

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris St Germain), Mattia Perin (Genoa)

Defenders: Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorigo Chiellini (Juventus), Gabriel Paletta (Parma), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter Milan), Ignazio Abate (Milan), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Matteo Darmian (Torino), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina)

Midfielders: Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Thiago Motta (Paris St-Germain), Marco Verratti (Paris St-Germain), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Marco Parolo (Parma), Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina), Romulo (Verona)

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Milan), Antonio Cassano (Parma), Alessio Cerci (Torino), Ciro Immobile (Torino), Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina), Mattia Destro (Roma), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli)

Greizmann is a beast. Imagine Barry Bannan, couple of inches taller playing as a striker and being good in the air. Have to say I've never heard of him before but based on this youtube video he could be a star of this World Cup.

Nasri doesn't stand a chance against this fella, but what about that midfield spot... who is this Grenier and is he really better than Nasri?

Cerci and Immobile to tear the World Cup to pieces (except us).

with a name like that he must be built like a Glastonbury port-a-loo. one of my favourite players already based on his name.

Argentina

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero, Mariano Andújar, Agustín Orion.

Defenders: Ezequiel Garay, Federico Fernández, Pablo Zabaleta, Marcos Rojo, José María Basanta, Hugo Campagaro, Nicolás Otamendi, Martín Demichelis, Gabriel Mercado, Lisandro López. 

Midfielders : Fernando Gago, Lucas Biglia, Javier Mascherano, Ever Banega, Angel Di María, Maximiliano Rodríguez, Ricardo Alvarez, Augusto Fernández, Enzo Pérez, José Sosa, Fabian Rinaudo.

Forwards: Sergio Agüero, Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuaín, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Rodrigo Palacio, Di Santo.

Greener probably won't start, CED seems about right to me, central midfield 3 of matuidi, psg a and cabaye, good solid midfield

Question is do France need to be that solid vs Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras? Probably could play kazzams midfield vs them

Cerci and Immobile to tear the World Cup to pieces (except us).

with a name like that he must be built like a Glastonbury port-a-loo. one of my favourite players already based on his name.

Right up until the commentators ruin it for everyone and spend 10 seconds rolling his name of their tongue everything time

No doubt it's Im-o-beel-ay or eeeeemmoooobeeeeeelaaaaay