Places to stay in London

Wainy316

Off to see the Book of Mormon at the West End on 23rd.

Was hoping on tips on where to stay where we'd be in decent proximity to the area without breaking the bank.  Everywhere in the immediate vicinity appears to be hideously overpriced.

Cheers will have a look.

Who actually pays £400 for a room for one night?

Nobody - that is the price that they put out so that you think you are getting a bargain.

The usual web sites like Lastminute.com (especially the un-named ones that you can quickly work out which they are) are often good for what you are looking for - plus use Quidco / TopCashback etc and get a few more quid off things

Was hoping on tips on where to stay where we'd be in decent proximity to the area without breaking the bank.  Everywhere in the immediate vicinity appears to be hideously overpriced.

Double room? How much were you thinking of spending?

23rd November?

If so, check hotels in the city (sq mile). They're generally dead at weekends so offers to be had.

As for me, whenever I'm in London, I tend to stay at my house ;)

Probably a bit late for the 23rd but get yourself a Hilton Homage Card .. I pay £140 a year for it and get a "free" nights stay at the Hilton Waldorf , "free " afternoon tea for 2 and 50 % of meals and drinks at any Hilton .. Have a meal at the place and you get a free bottle of champagne and cake if its a celebration

Free is in brackets as clearly I've paid £140 ....The room rate is £250 a night at the Hilton so the card is worth it just for the room alone , the afternoon tea is worth £50 so the card is great value , I've had one for about 4 years now

• Like 1

I've stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Grafton on Tottenham Court Road many times now and think it's a great hotel in a great location.  Ideal for the West End as it's about a 10 minute walk.

If you're looking for bargains you could try lastminute.com and choose one of their "surprise" hotels.  You don't find out where it is until you book but if you put their vague pre-booking description into Google you'll probably find out where it is.

What's your budget?

I wouldn't really want to spend much more than £150 (Less would be even better :P).

As I'm getting the train from Oxford I'll be rolling into Paddington, so might be good to stay there as it's a few stops to Picadilly Circus on the Bakerloo line.

Travel lodge has loads around the London area ranging from about £109 (vauxhall ) to £150 Euston for the night of the 23rd

or you could stay at Royal Cambridge Paddington for £109  for a 3 *  ok'ish sort of hotel

(breakfast & Vat  included )

Edited by tonyh29

There are some nice hotels in Bayswater. I stayed in the Westland hotel with Mrs The_Rev a few weeks ago, paid £130 for a "premier" room and it was bloody lovely.  Really nice location too. 

Â