Movember 2013

StefanAVFC

No no and no

As mentioned before climb Mt Everest on a pogo stick or swim the channel wearing eau de irresistible to sharks and I'll sponsor you

Giving up beer for a month or growing a moustache and I'll just ignore you

• Like 1

No no and no

As mentioned before climb Mt Everest on a pogo stick or swim the channel wearing eau de irresistible to sharks and I'll sponsor you

I wouldn't want your ill-gotten money anyway :P

• Like 2

No no and no

Hey I work a full year for my money unlike you folk with 30 weeks paid leave a year :)

No no and no

Hey I work a full year for my money unlike you folk with 30 weeks paid leave a year :)

With how many millions in bonuses? ;)

• Like 1

No no and no As mentioned before climb Mt Everest on a pogo stick or swim the channel wearing eau de irresistible to sharks and I'll sponsor you Giving up beer for a month or growing a moustache and I'll just ignore you
With how many millions in bonuses? ;)
I'm not sure what you think it is I do but I'm not an investment banker ... Or Ed milliband :) Edited by tonyh29

Never done Movember, but then I have an issue about growing facial hair, as it itches the life out of me, and makes me want to rip my face off. I fully support those who do it though.

Nope. If people want to support cancer charities of any flavour they should - there are 11 other months where people do amazing things for these charities. 

A bunch of fashionable/alternative rocket polishers failing to shave for 30 days with very little evidence of fundraising going on? 

Not for me thanks no. 

• Like 2

It's fairly annoying I agree, mostly because I can't grow any sort of stache' or beard :lol:

But if it gets some money to those charities and could potentially save my life, or any other life for that matter, then well done to the people who do it and raise money :)  :cheers:

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't see why people get annoyed about it. It's giving money to charity after all.

Either ignore or join in. Being snarky is not really the appropriate response.

This really. At worst, it's a bit of fun. At best, money is actually raised.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't see why people get annoyed about it. It's giving money to charity after all.

Either ignore or join in. Being snarky is not really the appropriate response.

I get your sentiment  and raising money for  charity is always worthwhile but it's just non stop  and it's just a wee bit lazy imo   ..... you end up with  friends /colleagues trying to emotionally blackmail you into sponsoring them .. not to mention I have about 25000  people on my Facebook feed giving justgiving links because wow i gave up alcohol for a whole month  woop woop  ..

The young girl that works in my local Co-op baked 300 cakes at her own cost and gave up her time to sell them outside the shop yesterday    ...  I bought a couple of dozens of them and gave them to people in the office and used some towards  trick or treat stuff last night   ... that's kinda worthwhile and I'd rather give her my money than someone who thinks they are Gandhi because they didn't drink beer for a month

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Â