NFL International Series

kurtsimonw

where is the 2014 schedule?

Not out yet, but NFL schedules work on a rotation, AFC West and NFC West play each other next year and Oakland hosted last time, so you'll be hosting the matchup next year. Pretty sure that's how it works anyway.

Yep.

And the NFC West is rotating against the NFC East next year, as well; so unless the Seahawks and Falcons finish in the same place in their divisions, they won't play each other next year.

Will those home teams fly out all their season ticket holders for the game?  B)

It's good news for fans in Britain, but a disaster for American fans who only have 8 home games a year to attend. 

Why three games?

Really, why any regular season games at all?

Preseason should suffice.

Actually, what could make sense is having the Super Bowl at Wembley. A neutral ground, plenty of corporate amenities, large capacity, and if Goodell really wants to "sell" the game to Brits, that would be the best way. 

Three games in London is just way over the top, IMO, it's getting ridiculous now.

• Like 1

Not a fan of this. Let the Americans keep their home-games. If the NFL wants games in London, get a permanent franchise there.

edit: as above really

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Not surprised to see the Raiders coming over. They've a mahoosive fanbase over this neck of the woods based on their bad boy image going back as far as I can remember. Obviously more to do with their merchandise than their exploits on the field. Makes total sense to come over and replenish their brand though. Plus they look like they're about to not completely suck again, which is a bonus for them. I wonder who the opponent will be :detect:

Not a fan of this. Let the Americans keep their home-games. If the NFL wants games in London, get a permanent franchise there.

yeah it isnt really fair on home fans who probably pay big money for tickets. Its sort of like when Premier League wanted to play 39th game abroad which got a bit of uproar.

is their no complaints from fans about this or do they just accept it?

• Like 1

Actually, what could make sense is having the Super Bowl at Wembley. A neutral ground, plenty of corporate amenities, large capacity, and if Goodell really wants to "sell" the game to Brits, that would be the best way. 

think this wouldnt be able to work due to time difference. Doubt police authorities would allow a late start in UK to suit television in USA

yeah it isnt really fair on home fans who probably pay big money for tickets. Its sort of like when Premier League wanted to play 39th game abroad which got a bit of uproar.

is their no complaints from fans about this or do they just accept it?

Pretty sure that the season ticket price reflects the loss of a home game.

Will those home teams fly out all their season ticket holders for the game?  B)

It's good news for fans in Britain, but a disaster for American fans who only have 8 home games a year to attend. 

Why three games?

Really, why any regular season games at all?

Preseason should suffice.

Three games in London is just way over the top, IMO, it's getting ridiculous now.

Yeah, while I like it as it's given me an opportunity to see the Giants (beat my brothers Dolphins in a SB winning season, no less!) I don't think it's all that fair to the home fans. I'd be pissed off if Villa lost a home game to play over there and hey have less than half the games we do! As the Super Bowl seems like it's not really for the fans and it's a corporate event, a Super Bowl here would probably serve the purpose better without really pissing off all that many US fans.

think this wouldnt be able to work due to time difference. Doubt police authorities would allow a late start in UK to suit television in USA

You just made the argument against expansion to London

A London franchise could play 6pm Sunday games (which would be 1pm Eastern)

Super Bowl, though would be a 12:30am kickoff.

Preseason has been tried. The British NFL fan (unlike the German) is too sophisticated to accept inferior product (thus the decrease in interest over the years in the American Bowls and in NFL Europe).

Maybe the Pro Bowl works.

• 1 month later...
Â