Has Carlton Cole played his last Premiership game?

Juju

Has Cole played his last Premiership game ever?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Has Cole played his last Premiership game ever?

• Yes ?
    • No ?

Given that with Luke Moores starts, this is possibly a sign that DOL has seen perservering with Cant Control has been costing us points.

Lets face it, Angel remains the prime striker, and the partnership with CC hasn't worked, nor has playing Angel on his own.

Darius isn't far off a return from injury.

So, given that with Moore we start to look threatening and scoring again, and given that Chelski are certainly not going to play him ahead of Drogba, Gudjohnssen et all, and remembering his torid time at Charlton last season, I ask you all......

Ps this is my first poll so apologies to the mods if it all goes a bit pear shaped....

Well, not good enough for us, not good enough for Charlton. Who do you see in the premiership taking him on? I can't for the life of me see who would find a use for him. I was excited seing him for our first couple of games, but frankly I now struggle to think of a poorer striker in Claret and blue. Even David Geddis had more to offer.......

And even Cascarino the plastic paddy....

to be honest he is better than some prem strikers and someone hopefully not us will give him a chance.

I would say we've given him more than a fair chance... And in my opinion he has failed to show he is better than any other premiership striker, infact he's looked worse than most (if not all)

I'm sure someone will take Cole next season, probably Fulham or Palace (if they stay up) He must play well in London because was so highly thought of there :roll:

First thing's first... I don't like Carlton Cole, I think he's crap

HOWEVER, if he was our player I'd probably look at it that he's only young and has quite a lot of potential, if he was our player I'd have no problem playing him, because he could turn into a very good player, but at the moment he's awful, so we gain nothing from playing him, because he's not ours in the future, I don't think he's played his last game in the prem, Norwich, Palace and Albion would probably find a use for him in their team along with some others. If he was at a team that owned him that wasn't one of the big 3 then I think he'd do quite well, but I can't see him succeeding as a loan signing because it doesn't give you time to improve.

So I voted no...

The answer to the main question is 'no'

The question you wanted to ask was 'Has Carlton Cole played his last Premiership game for Aston Villa?'

And the answer may well be yes.

Luke Moore looked good on his own and in a partnership with Angel.

Vassell back by the start of March.

I was actually smiling when I saw Cole not on the bench. He is talented, very talented but it has become obvious that his mind is not right. Now that he's 'failed' at Villa, I can't see him trying to right that.

Luke Moore looked good on his own and in a partnership with Angel.

That may well be the case but he's been in and out of the side for a year now and hasn't scored, his record is worse then Cole's. Theres a limit to how long I can keep justifying the inclusion of a striker who has never scored.

That may well be the case but he's been in and out of the side for a year now and hasn't scored, his record is worse then Cole's. Theres a limit to how long I can keep justifying the inclusion of a striker who has never scored.

In terms of how many the front two have scored between them, then its not. I accept that he hasn't scored - although he obviously thinks that he has.

Luke Stakes A Claim

Luke v Pompey

Luke Moore showed the instincts of a top striker as he left Portsmouth claiming the goal that set Villa on the road to a 2-1 success.

The Young Lion, who turned 19 yesterday, certainly had a key role in the opening goal at Fratton Park, leaving the Pompey defence flat-footed with a surging run. But defender Arjan de Zeeuw clearly supplied the finishing touch.

Even so, Moore was staking a claim, telling www.avfc.co.uk: "I'm claiming it, of course I am. I'm not sure whether I'll get it, but I certainly put in all the work for the goal.

"Whoever gets the goal though, what matters is that we won and I feel I played my part.

"All I've been after is a run in the side and to start two matches on the trot is a real confidence booster.

"I think I link-up well with Juan and I'd love the chance to continue that partnership in the next game. This is my chance to stake a claim and I know I can do a job for the gaffer.

"I try to work hard whenever I get a chance and that hard work paid-off at Portsmouth with the first goal.

"It was an unbelievable feeling to see the ball go in and, even if I don't get credit for the goal, I won't forget that feeling."

Warms the heart that does.

Â