Rocket League

hogso

Neo Tokyo being ranked really shits me off. Wasteland is different from the standard but you can still play normal strategy and it'll be effective. Neo Tokyo is a bit of a crap shoot.

I'm 6 games into qualifying for my rank with pretty mixed results. I've won 8-1 and lost 13-0 against a team that was so far ahead of us it's not funny, not only aerialling but changing direction in the air to score every time. Jesus.

Looking forward to the rankings settling down a bit.

• Like 2

Went from silver circle thing with 2 lines, having played my 10 ranking fixtures with randoms.

managed to drag that to gold square with 2 lines playing with randoms, then dropping back down to gold square with 1 line.  On Saturday/Friday it seemed everyone was playing in a party, apart from me and random.  Much harder.  The fun does subside the better you go, because the opponents are so much better.

• Like 1

I was Challenger 3 (I much prefer your description) last season and got dumped in to prospect, I've got back to Challenger 1 with a few games, but some of the matches are just awful.

The main thing I've noticed is how much more frequent rage-quitting and AFKing is at lower levels, it ruins so many games. Lost one yesterday where we conceded 3 times because 1 guy kept going AFK at kickoff.

The partying annoys me as well. There's a seperate queue for solo for 3s, I wish there was for doubles as well.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I'm the same as Jono and Stefan. Which is ludicrous, again.

But it only took me a game and a half to be completely bored of the game yesterday so doubt it will affect me much :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played a few 1v1 competitive for the first time since reset. Was beating one guy 2-1 after 30 seconds, and he forfeit. Next game, in complete contrast, I won 15-1 and the guy didn't want to forfeit. Which is fine, I don't like to. After it turned out he was a prospect elite, bizarre, in 3v3 you can  have really good, tight games at that level. 

I also got a certified item, levelled it up, and was a bit disappointed to find it didn't change in appearance at all. It's a paragon (counts MVPs) Royal Crown topper. Haven't got a painted item yet

Edited by hogso

• 2 weeks later...

It feels like you're cheating :D

There were times when I was thinking "We can break here because Hogso is attacking" and then suddenly you'd be in front of me back in defence.

Jono and Stefan are definitely the best out of our group of people who started with RL (I'd argue Stefan has put a bit of distance between himself and Jono... sorry Jono), but you're still a good tier above that, Hogs.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

**** this game. Playing with randoms, 6-2 up. Guy stops playing. We lose 7-6. 

'Why did you stop playing at 6-2?'

'Sorry LUL was on FB hahaha'

**** moron. Should be **** shot.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** this game. Playing with randoms, 6-2 up. Guy stops playing. We lose 7-6. 

'Why did you stop playing at 6-2?'

'Sorry LUL was on FB hahaha'

**** moron. Should be **** shot.

Are these idiots prevalent on just rocket league or what? 3-0 up, guy stops playing, constantly typing. We lose. What is it about this game that draws these imbeciles to it?

• Like 1

Â