AndyClarke

Nice, giving them some of their own medicine. I'm going through the opposite right now. All my five strikers have a tendency to go on simulatanous goal droughts that last like 6-7 games, but I'm scraping by cos I concede so few.

Edit: BTW, ALT+F9 to do screenshots, and then it's placed in documents/sportsintercative folder ;)

Edited by tarjei

I started again with villa, finished 15th 1st season and sold benteke to arsenal in the jan window for £28m Got rid off Nzogbia, Hutton,Stevens,Ireland too. never signed anybody. 24 games into season 2 and Im top of the premier league, the only signing I have made is Jermain Jenas for free. Using Grealish, Gardner, Delfonesou and Darren Bent in my second season all back from loan and all on fire. Bent is top scorer,Kozak is second top scorer, I  still have Given as back up keeper too as I loaned Steer out.. Im currently £260,000 under my wage budget. Offered new contracts to some of the players on less money like KEA and Delph. Okore and Clark are formidable in defence, Luna has the best average rating in the league and Gabby is always in the England team!!

Who says you cant win with kids :D 

Each time I manage Villa I'm just terrible! Think I let bias get in the way of making important decisions. Do Villa get relegated ever time on this? I've had 3 saves that I've not been Villa manager and the go down by the 3rd season!

Currently managing a french second division team (something about crocodiles) no money, low wages, whole first team squad over 29. Manged them for 3 seasons now, improved on positions every season. Now have no player over 25... all on free transfers and all 4-5 stars.

Find a tactic that works well... but then all of a sudden can buy a win, only start winning again when I mix it up. Happens over and over, anyone else get this?

EDIT: Nimes Olympique

Got Nimes Olympique promoted to Ligue 1 as champions... was sitting 4th half way through my first season in the top flight. Villa then offered me job as manager... they are a crap Championship team atm... So I jumped ship to re-build my beloved Villa... lost my first 6 games in a row. Can't by a win, players all old and crap. Going to take a lot to sort this out. Keep your fingers crossed!
Bit of an update... Finished mid table in the championship, not bad considering the mess I walked into. Second season I signed young players with big potential (like I did with Nimes) got promoted as champions! First season in the prem I cleared all deadwood (PL would be proud!) and signed more young players with big potential (part of my promise to the board), no player over the age of 26 in my entire squad. Finished 2nd 2 points behind Man City, only had to win my last 2 games to win the league, Man Utd destroyed me 4-0, then drew with Watford away (who were already relegated). Currently half way through my second season in the prem, mid table, out of the CL.... not looking too good :(

Play a 4-1-2-2-1 all with support on (even striker who is a false 9)... Keep possession loads and have loads of shots, but only get like 25% on target, frustrated. Go from winning 5-0 to losing 1-0 with them only needing one shot on target :(

Edited by harris21

I dare somebody to do the Manchester United challenge

Seriously tempted to start as them.

I would too but I really dislike them.

Unfortunately my Villa save has depressed me, getting fired does that to you  :(

Start the season well with Villa but have just gone on the worst run ever.

Never had it before on FM. It's been 1 win in 16 games and that was Barnsley home in FA Cup. Getting destroyed every game about 4-0 now.

Just got through Jan where I was desperate to flog Benteke to try and get some depth, but only had a couple of £17m offers. I get an injury a game and have been starting players on about 80% fitness as there's no alternatives.

Tweaked and tried the odd overhaul and just getting a 6 or 7-0 dickings it's mental.

Anyone got something to stop the flow?

When I started well, I was using a 451 with a DM and two advanced wingers, but I might try a flatter one now. Benteke has been poor as well, only shining light is Gabby who looks dangerous in every game he's not injured, about 50%!

Edited by Tomaszk

Start the season well with Villa but have just gone on the worst run ever.

Never had it before on FM. It's been 1 win in 16 games and that was Barnsley home in FA Cup. Getting destroyed every game about 4-0 now.

Just got through Jan where I was desperate to flog Benteke to try and get some depth, but only had a couple of £17m offers. I get an injury a game and have been starting players on about 80% fitness as there's no alternatives.

Tweaked and tried the odd overhaul and just getting a 6 or 7-0 dickings it's mental.

Anyone got something to stop the flow?

When I started well, I was using a 451 with a DM and two advanced wingers, but I might try a flatter one now. Benteke has been poor as well, only shining light is Gabby who looks dangerous in every game he's not injured, about 50%!

You may have become predictable, try a whole different formation like 5212, all central players with attacking wing backs.

Â